Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peps words were poorly chosen, I understand its not his first language and the media will deliberately mis-interpret things for a story but he came out with it completely off his own back, there was no need to say it, it's started all this and it wouldn't have happened if he just kept his mouth shut.

I didn't have any issue with the supporters response up until the last line. It was such a snidey comment to add in at the end to tell him to stick to managing. Even if its meant tongue in cheek as I suspect, this isn't a WhatsApp message between two mates ribbing one another its sent out into the public and all over the media, only a complete berk would do that.

Peps comments today do clarify what his intentions were but the damage is done now, between peps ill-choice of words, parkers raggish snidey unnecessary dig and the media sniffing for a story they've managed to make a mountain from a mole hill.

a919d8d5-b85f-461f-8b8b-936449dc6b34_16x9_1200x676.jpg

Khaldoon looks dead worried about what Simon Jordan said about us on TalkSport.
think the contract goes...covered in honey and buried up to his bastard neck in an ant hill.

Peps words were poorly chosen, I understand its not his first language and the media will deliberately mis-interpret things for a story but he came out with it completely off his own back, there was no need to say it, it's started all this and it wouldn't have happened if he just kept his mouth shut.

I didn't have any issue with the supporters response up until the last line. It was such a snidey comment to add in at the end to tell him to stick to managing. Even if its meant tongue in cheek as I suspect, this isn't a WhatsApp message between two mates ribbing one another its sent out into the public and all over the media, only a complete berk would do that.

Peps comments today do clarify what his intentions were but the damage is done now, between peps ill-choice of words, parkers raggish snidey unnecessary dig and the media sniffing for a story they've managed to make a mountain from a mole hill.
Two lines off perfectly interpretable polite English. But on a sensitive subject after 30 years of a Utd barrage.

All he was doing was asking for City fans for a full house at the weekend. How were his words poorly chosen?

Well done Parker, you clown. Hope you're proud of yourself for what you've done.
I wouldn't say he is a clown and obviously does good things in his role at the Supporters club but his response to Pep was just completely stupid and because of that the media shitstorm has been worse than it might have been.
Pep has explained himself and did it very well today and in the last 5 years I have seen very little if any evidence of him having a go at our fans. I have never seen a manager speak so passionately about the club as Pep has done.
Having said that we must thank Mancini too since he did things I've seen no other manager do such as the way he fronted up against the Glasgow pisscan

Two lines off perfectly interpretable polite English. But on a sensitive subject after 30 years of a Utd barrage.

All he was doing was asking for City fans for a full house at the weekend. How were his words poorly chosen?

Because he did not qualify his original ones at the time.

He's done it today, meaning in the interim, Pep's poorly chosen words have created a topic of debate which was not required, certainly not helpful.

There was nowhere for his comments to go if he had talked about the type of support on the night, as opposed to talking about our support in general.

He's using the Southampton game as a complete strawman, as anybody would know the attendance figure on Saturday would be 50k, irrespective of opponent.

Reactions: PPT
What is interesting is that the media have latched on to this directly from reading Bluemoon. They obviously scour City forums to look for problems and discontent in the club and then reveal all to the City haters. The agenda issue as we know has been thoroughly discussed on here but clearly it exists. That is why City fans are annoyed at Pep for feeding the media scum. Be careful what you post. The first person to lead a Pep Out discussion will be noticed !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.