Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it’s worth I wasn’t offended by peps words and love the man to bits, however he shouldn’t be untouchable no matter what, city always come 1st. That being said I hope he stays as long as possible as he’s done no wrong for me.

what I do find baffling and hope someone can clear it up for me but how come our empty seats are highlighted EVERY time, I’m watching highlights of midweek games and so far I’ve seen barcas and inter by far worse than ours with by far more enticing games. Unbelievable you have to laugh blues, please just laugh it off because we will never do right, EVER.

MCFC OK

It was to be Mancini's 2nd in command but he didn't want to be a number 2.

I think lol

Ah yeah that rings a bell - he was still relatively unknown at that point too wasn't he? Presuming that was during his Swansea days.

One thing that's lost amidst all the Aguero debut talk that game was that Swansea played really nice football but they didn't have the players to really threaten us. Rodgers has proven that with better players he can do it but, aside from Celtic in a pre-Gerrard Rangers league, he's fallen short.

Liverpool should've really won that league in 2013/14 given the position they found themselves in (not saying they were better than us, just that they got into a position to win it) then Leicester have had some right shit runs of form to go from definite Top 4 finishes to being outside it. The FA Cup is a start but I'd like to see more success/consistency for him to be classed as a real target for our job.

Having said all that, I hope Pep signs another extension so by that time there'll be another manager or two out there who take our eye.

Ah yeah that rings a bell - he was still relatively unknown at that point too wasn't he? Presuming that was during his Swansea days.

One thing that's lost amidst all the Aguero debut talk that game was that Swansea played really nice football but they didn't have the players to really threaten us. Rodgers has proven that with better players he can do it but, aside from Celtic in a pre-Gerrard Rangers league, he's fallen short.

Liverpool should've really won that league in 2013/14 given the position they found themselves in (not saying they were better than us, just that they got into a position to win it) then Leicester have had some right shit runs of form to go from definite Top 4 finishes to being outside it. The FA Cup is a start but I'd like to see more success/consistency for him to be classed as a real target for our job.

Having said all that, I hope Pep signs another extension so by that time there'll be another manager or two out there who take our eye.
He turned City down and went to Swansea and then his stock quickly rose, so somebody at our club knew enough about him, he had already had a flop manager career at Reading as well.

You're correct about the huge form drops from winning positions, but is that all on the manager? Suspension/injuries bite hard when you haven't a deep squad, the first 15 at Leicester are decent enough but if you need the players 18-25 then that may be the start of the fall, not really looked at that to hard though tbh lol

Louis Enrique - knows Txiki did an alright job at Barcelona. They seemed to get even better than what Pep had when Neymar and Suarez rocked up, they destroyed us at the Etihad when we got them in the knock outs in 2015.

I would imagine he won’t be with Spain after the 2022 World Cup unless he wins it making him available in Summer 2023.
This is the correct answer to the question.

As long as Txiki and Ferran are at City, we won't look much further than someone with strong Barcelona connections.

It's working for the club at the moment so they won't change the formula.

All this media talk about pep needs dropping and fast because whyshould he have to come on tv and justify himself over comments he made . some people at city have opened up a massive can of worms here which could really backfire if it’s not shelved pronto because I don’t think anyone wants pep to walk Do they .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.