Why didn't you go to the Leipzig game?

Pep is a great manager, no doubt about that. But he is just passing through, that’s how it is. But we (and KP) are here for life. If I’m being honest Pep’s comments did piss me off the other night.

I'd expect to discuss and shape that strategy at City Matters. I've brought the issue up a number of times. For Category A games games, we're far more expensive for a family of 4 than United or Liverpool. For B & C games Arsenal are £15 a seat cheaper. So we should price family tickets more keenly.

Soriano's strategy is revenue maximisation, hence the completely unnecessary small price increases each season prior to this one. We all know we have a smaller pool of matchgoing fans than United or Liverpool so sacrifice some revenue to increase that pool. Do what you have to in order to get families to come two or three times in a season. Because that's how I started, with my dad and brother. Allow families to buy a cheap 3 match ticket bundle for 1 Cat B game & 2 Cat C, priced at £100 or £120 for an adult & two kids. Basically that's the 2 kids going free. They'll make up for that in food and merchandise probably.

Price the Wycombe game at £10 maximum and give away a child ticket with each adult one or something.

Then in maybe 5 or 10 seasons, we'll have a much larger group of fans, probably new, who are used to coming to games.

So do City get paid by how much each franchise vendor sells? I thought the vendors paid a set 'rent' for the franchise each season? If they do pay a set amount each season they would not make any extra would they?
Sorry PB I am not well up with how they franchise these things. :-)

How about the competition seems more obviously bent than the domestic game?

how about the group games are less exciting/lower quality than a lot of league games?

So do City get paid by how much each franchise vendor sells? I thought the vendors paid a set 'rent' for the franchise each season? If they do pay a set amount each season they would not make any extra would they?
Sorry PB I am not well up with how they franchise these things. :-)
As far as I know, the vendors pay us upfront for the concession but I'm really not sure if they also pay us a percentage on top of that as they go, or it's similar to the kit manufacturers, who only pay us extra if targets are exceeded.

Is it only me who finds every football game exciting and interesting?
Yes sometimes they are lower quality but that just makes it more exciting, makes me concentrate more on how good our team are and how the opposition manager must be scrutinising our tactics to improve their own.
Am I wrong/stupid/naive?

I am a bit baffled as to why our attendance has come under scrutiny and ridicule . 1st of all I am not excepting there was only 38,000 in attendance . Looking around the ground it was hard to spot many seats unoccupied , just the block for the away fans was empty and I think that might be down to Champions league rules . Then there's the huge problem with the ticket office . I had to drive down to the ticket office twice to sort my tickets out . Now I'm finding out on bluemoon about all the cancelled busses , trains and trams and closed roads .
Instead of having a dig at our great support I think the club should issue a public apology or provide the real attendance on the night .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.