Through these fields of destruction
Baptisms of fire
I've witnessed your suffering
As the battle raged higher
And though it did hurt me so bad
In the fear and alarm
You did not desert me
My brothers in arms

Face it lads and lasses, the unprecendented success of the last few years has left us poorly equipped to deal with games like today. Obviously i can only speak for myself, but as the game progressed and the usual goals showed no sign of arriving, the frustration turned to annoyance and to seek drastic actions and causes , to resume "normal service", asap. Now, after a night's sleep, and having read many opinions, the only conclusion i could come up with is, "It's tough at the top", and a never-ending stream of trophies has eluded even the mightiest of teams in the past. The performance yesterday came after a shit-storm in the media, with blue-on-blue splits becoming more bitter than ever, as though the last decade or so never happened. Subtle "agendas" suddenly became full-on , Pep out calls, "he's been found out" etc, not helped by his criticism of the attendances, in fact, recruited many to the disaffected side.
The future ? I cannot see one that unites both sides, the strength of opinions seems to rule that out. Failures of the past, which at least brought fans togrther is not acceptable, even hard-fought draws is not acceptable. Am i bovvered? too right.....

Bernardo was trying too hard in many ways, he was all over the place, no way can he keep that up for 90 minutes, we had no legs / energy in the center of the park, Fern looks shot and Gundo was on his own for most of the game. I would have had Bernardo central yesterday after the first 10 minutes, when it was clear we were having issues.
I thought Bernardo was everywhere yesterday. At one stage he cleared a ball from near our 6 yd box. Wonderful player. So much energy. He could have been better used though . Centrally we needed something more creative. Fern needed help.

Just watching MOTD and seeing the pace some other teams have, like Salah, Sarr or Bailey etc, and it just reminds me how slow our team is nowadays.

Obviously we are still a great team but we really don’t have any electric pace, we just don’t break on teams any more. Strange how we’ve ended up this way.

I don’t think it’s strange, it seems deliberate that Pep prefers technically gifted players to those with better physical attributes.

Kyle Walker and Sterling aside, pretty much every player we have is of a similar ilk. Technically brilliant but not particularly quick. It is probably designed to give Pep greater control of the ball in games.

What has been a worry is that in the last two games, we’ve failed to control the game and been overrun in midfield.

Just watching MOTD and seeing the pace some other teams have, like Salah, Sarr or Bailey etc, and it just reminds me how slow our team is nowadays.

Obviously we are still a great team but we really don’t have any electric pace, we just don’t break on teams any more. Strange how we’ve ended up this way.
We do have a lots o pace, to have Sterling, Jesus, Bernardo, Walker, etc on the team and to say we lack pace is just not true. But it's Pep who doesn't want us to play too fast. I remember towards the end of the last season, he specifically said that. We rip teams apart by positional play, fast passing and interchanges, we've never been counter attacking merchants. The result yesterday came not through a lack of pace or no recognized striker, but because 9 out of 10 players on the pitch played like a spent force devoid of energy and clear thinking. I am going to listen to him much more carefully from now on, he told us last Wednesday what was going to happen,

Baptisms of fire
In the fear and alarm
You did not desert me
My brothers in arms

Face it lads and lasses, the unprecendented success of the last few years has left us poorly equipped to deal with games like today. Obviously i can only speak for myself, but as the game progressed and the usual goals showed no sign of arriving, the frustration turned to annoyance and to seek drastic actions and causes , to resume "normal service", asap. Now, after a night's sleep, and having read many opinions, the only conclusion i could come up with is, "It's tough at the top", and a never-ending stream of trophies has eluded even the mightiest of teams in the past. The performance yesterday came after a shit-storm in the media, with blue-on-blue splits becoming more bitter than ever, as though the last decade or so never happened. Subtle "agendas" suddenly became full-on , Pep out calls, "he's been found out" etc, not helped by his criticism of the attendances, in fact, recruited many to the disaffected side.
The future ? I cannot see one that unites both sides, the strength of opinions seems to rule that out. Failures of the past, which at least brought fans togrther is not acceptable, even hard-fought draws is not acceptable. Am i bovvered? too right.....
Good post. Vast majority will still be behind Pep even though there'll be many critics among them.

Dived in and was then fouled himself hence why it wasn't a penalty. You really think fat fuck John Moss would have wanted to chalk it off?

Lineker and Jeans on MOTD claiming that Walker took him out when replays clearly show that the contact was the Southampton player into Walker. Already falling over before any contact happened.

Saw this result coming as i mentioned in the pre-match,so all things considered i'm not too disappointed with a point.

Thought our midfield looked out of sorts,and a few players didnt quite gel - we looked a tad disjointed and lethargic.

Much like last season,its gonna be a few weeks before we are purring.

MOTM - probably Cancelo
You did. Fair dues

Baptisms of fire
In the fear and alarm
You did not desert me
My brothers in arms

You sir are a tw@

I read your message, turned my phone off to go sleep as I've done the night shift and have another tonight and I can't get brothers in arms out my fucking head now lol

We have lots of pace. Unfortunately it's within a player who is enduring a bloody awful run of form.

We have lots of pace. Unfortunately it's within a player who is enduring a bloody awful run of form.

I actually thought he played a bit better than usual yesterday,but his first touch and his ability to pick the right pass is abysmal for a player of his standing.
I think the penny has dropped with Pep.....When everyone is fit and purring,he will not be starting many games.

It was just a bad day at the office,too many factors that went against us were at play,and in some respects we were lucky to get the point.

No big deal,we will soon be on fire again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.