Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

Bernardo yesterday was running around like a headless chicken, yesterday was a game to sit far more, get some shape ,get hold of the ball, we failed.

The Press wasn't there yesterday, Bernie was trying but it can't be done as one player. It needs for or five doing the same.

So many lazy misplaced passes yesterday and players waiting for balls to arrive that were always going to be 5 yards short.

The team as a whole looked completely out of sorts.

The Press wasn't there yesterday, Bernie was trying but it can't be done as one player. It needs for or five doing the same.

So many lazy misplaced passes yesterday and players waiting for balls to arrive that were always going to be 5 yards short.

Bernardo was trying too hard in many ways, he was all over the place, no way can he keep that up for 90 minutes, we had no legs / energy in the center of the park, Fern looks shot and Gundo was on his own for most of the game. I would have had Bernardo central yesterday after the first 10 minutes, when it was clear we were having issues.

I was not a big fan of Grealish, but his has already settled in brilliantly and looks very much at home BUT the only issue with him is getting back and helping defend, with him and Cancelo on the left, we often look wide open on the counter.

Bernardo was trying too hard in many ways, he was all over the place, no way can he keep that up for 90 minutes, we had no legs / energy in the center of the park, Fern looks shot and Gundo was on his own for most of the game. I would have had Bernardo central yesterday after the first 10 minutes, when it was clear we were having issues.
Strange one with Ferny, because it was his passing that was completely useless throughout the match, not necessarily his positional play.
Can't call him out on one single game though.

Strange one with Ferny, because it was his passing that was completely useless throughout the match, not necessarily his positional play.
Can't call him out on one single game though.
Agreed but he looks very much his age, yesterday he was caught in possession/gave the ball away so many times.

Southampton did not have the players to take advantage, a better team would have destroyed us yesterday.

Just watching MOTD and seeing the pace some other teams have, like Salah, Sarr or Bailey etc, and it just reminds me how slow our team is nowadays.

Obviously we are still a great team but we really don’t have any electric pace, we just don’t break on teams any more. Strange how we’ve ended up this way.

After the Leipzig game in relation to corners Grealish was getting it into dangerous areas time after time, yesterday it seems seniority Gundogan took over, I’m sorry but his delivery was not good enough. Doesn’t matter how long you’ve been at the club if you are better you should take them. I was hugely disappointed yesterday mainly because I took my old man for his first game in 9 years to the ground, went to Legends lounge and had a great day a win would’ve topped it off, typical bloody City.

Just watching MOTD and seeing the pace some other teams have, like Salah, Sarr or Bailey etc, and it just reminds me how slow our team is nowadays.

Obviously we are still a great team but we really don’t have any electric pace, we just don’t break on teams any more. Strange how we’ve ended up this way.
Very true, the first team Pep built was freighting in terms of pace, our counter attack was stunning and lethal.

We now look pedestrian at times, yesterday when Foden came on it made a huge difference in energy and his ability to get around the pitch, at times our teams looks very old.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.