Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s obviously not that simplistic. Ban a journalist from the ground for something like that, and we’d have a far bigger shitstorm in the press about Abu Dhabi censorship and suppression of free speech.
Sure Ric its not simple,just hope the boss is playing the long game with a fucking punch line that whips the carpet out from under the media, but it does depress me a little how long its been going on for.

Sure Ric its not simple,just hope the boss is playing the long game with a fucking punch line that whips the carpet out from under the media, but it does depress me a little how long its been going on for.
That’s not going to happen either. There is no real solution imo. Like it or not, we’re going to get grief in the press because of our owner and who we are. We could have the most savvy PR team in the country and it’s still a losing battle. Better to either ignore it or embrace it sometimes, because it isn’t changing any time soon. On the bright side, we’ve won three of the last four titles so it’s hardly hindered our progress. With the papers particularly, it’s a dying industry that is largely pissing in the wind.

It’s obviously not that simplistic. Ban a journalist from the ground for something like that, and we’d have a far bigger shitstorm in the press about Abu Dhabi censorship and suppression of free speech.

I have always generally agreed that banning journalists is counter productive but I think this is the perfect opportunity for the reasons you put in your previous post. Let it be known they’ve been banned for shaming working class people at a time of general struggles across society, not for criticising the club.

In a similar way to when Sterling called out the racism, it works because you make it impossible for people to continue their behaviour without essentially outing themselves as scumbags. It needs to be put into general public conscience and a societal issue in order to transcend the petty club rivalries/jealousy that stoke it.

pundits/journalists are only interested in their own career - once they understand criticising working class fans will reflect badly on them, in the same way as happened after Sterling called out the racism, it’ll stop.

Last edited:
I have always generally agreed that banning journalists is counter productive but I think this is the perfect opportunity for the reasons you put in your previous post. Let it be known they’ve been banned for shaming working class people at a time of general struggles across society, not for criticising the club.

In a similar way to when Sterling called out the racism, it works because you make it impossible for people to continue their behaviour without essentially outing themselves as scumbags.
I get where you’re coming from, but it would almost certainly increase the criticism from an already hostile press pack imo.

I get where you’re coming from, but it would almost certainly increase the criticism from an already hostile press pack imo.

It’s a brave reporter that doubles down in the face of an accusation of shaming working class people - especially papers like the star and mirror.

the club certainly need to try something different.

It’s a brave reporter that doubles down in the face of an accusation of shaming working class people - especially papers like the star and mirror.

the club certainly need to try something different.
I’m almost certain if they did that the press would suddenly turn their attention to the plight of the working class in Abu Dhabi, and blame us solely for that.

I’m almost certain if they did that the press would suddenly turn their attention to the plight of the working class in Abu Dhabi, and blame us solely for that.

No doubt. But readers of the star don’t give a shit about the plight of working class people in Abu Dhabi. There’s inherent risks but I do think a change of tack is required.

Two great examples of the BBC‘s fabulous in depth journalism in the football gossip column tonight.
it gives Dusan Vlahovic age as 28…..he’s 21
and Danny Drinkwaters age as 28……he’s 31

Shouldn‘t be too surprised I suppose.

Digging out a largely working class fan base for not attending their third home game in a week en masse, in the context of burgeoning energy costs, a reduction in Universal Credit and tax rises imminent, is appalling. Fuck Jeremy Cross, The Star and The Express.
Pep started it all, why you blaming the press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.