Wycombe (H) - EFL Cup R3 | Post-Match Thread

It was so good to hear him speaking so freely and with such enthusiasm about our academy. It will be exciting to follow the progress of these young lads in the future. And it's not just one or two good prospects...I think there are at least five or six extremely talented young players to watch out for.
You certainly dont hear him speak like that in a premier League press conference. Again he hinted about the issues with the current schedule and how the authorities are pushing players beyond thier limits. It seems the league cup might be his favourite competition the way he talks about the development and opportunity of playing the academy players. Not seen him so energised post match... Hopefully that energy will be taken into training and it has a similar effect with the first team players as we head into a tough run of upcoming fixtures.

Really enjoyable game that. Wycombe played just as well as Arsenal did, and brought more fans than Norwich or Southampton. Plus it’s good to see they’ve given Michael Bolton a chance to manage in football when nobody else would. Shout out to Akinfenwa n’all, still doing it at 39!

Great to see all our young lads playing, and playing well. That’s the best crop of young City players I’ve ever seen. Would love to get a Championship team in the next round and play them all again!

We all know how good Foden is but Cole Palmer looks a proper classy player!

Last edited by a moderator:
Really enjoyed it last night..was great to see the young players showing that they are so talented and confident too.
Thought Raz worked hard and was unlucky with the shot that hit the post, but he still seems to be short on confidence.
The young back four handled their forwards really well and definitely were up for a battle.
Phil was fantastic and it was a good run out for Kev.
Palmer took his goal really well and credit to Wycombe.. they were physical but not dirty..

Just echo what so many others have said: The young lads that started the game looked great and it's rare that a team making so many changes at the back concede just a single goal, whoever they are playing. Another couple of youngsters came off the bench and it looks like the academy staff have been doing a great job over the last few years.
I went in about 25 minutes before kick-off and there wasn't a queue at spiral C, but noticed queues building at the lower level turnstiles nearby. I'd estimate the crowd at fewer than 25,000 but obviously couldn't see how full East Stand level 1 looked.
A good night out. Just hope for another home tie in the draw tonight, or AFC Wimbledon or Brentford away.

It was so good to hear him speaking so freely and with such enthusiasm about our academy. It will be exciting to follow the progress of these young lads in the future. And it's not just one or two good prospects...I think there are at least five or six extremely talented young players to watch out for.
Indeed. Last night was a great performance all round and some of the youth are now ready for that transition to the first team you would imagine.

It's strange, but for all the praise lavished on Phil these past seasons I actually think it could be Cole who becomes the crown jewel of our academy. Such an elegant footballer. He does those little pirouettes of which only the best midfielders seem capable. Hope he can get some meaningful league minutes this season because his potential is exciting.

Just echo what so many others have said: The young lads that started the game looked great and it's rare that a team making so many changes at the back concede just a single goal, whoever they are playing. Another couple of youngsters came off the bench and it looks like the academy staff have been doing a great job over the last few years.
I went in about 25 minutes before kick-off and there wasn't a queue at spiral C, but noticed queues building at the lower level turnstiles nearby. I'd estimate the crowd at fewer than 25,000 but obviously couldn't see how full East Stand level 1 looked.
A good night out. Just hope for another home tie in the draw tonight, or AFC Wimbledon or Brentford away.
My block in EL1 was almost full apart. Just the odd empty seat. I thought 27k but haven't seen anything official. Nothing on the BBC match report

Great result and look-in for a few youngsters. Even more so given maybe some of them were not the ones we would have expected.

Is Delap available and fit? Thought Kayky might have been about too.

City are better team without grealish.
the tempo, the intensity, the passes
We have to play our strength (Foden and mahrez as wingers, KDB and gundagon in the midfield, jesus as the steriker)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.