The Album Review Club - Week #120 - (page 1413) - The Lexicon of Love - ABC

I’ll bet you nod in agreement when all the footy pundits laugh and say we’ll need a slide rule to work out the goal difference!

To be fair, it did sound a bit wordy when I read it back.

But it’s a bit like saying that I don’t see why I should have to play Burnley in the Premier League; all I want is to play PSG and Real Madrid in the Champions League.

The last thing I want to do is form a clique. I just wanted people to put a bit of effort scoring and reviewing before they get to nominate. I’m sensing a bit of resentment among the population.
Go for it.

No problem with any music thread tbh, I just tend to drop in and out of them though.
I haven’t critiqued any albums in BH’s thread. It’s all subjective anyway and people like what they like. Even Morrissey.
Once again I will humbly point out that it’s not all subjective — there are certain elements of really great or really awful music that I believe can be commented on objectively :)

I’ll bet you nod in agreement when all the footy pundits laugh and say we’ll need a slide rule to work out the goal difference!

To be fair, it did sound a bit wordy when I read it back.

But it’s a bit like saying that I don’t see why I should have to play Burnley in the Premier League; all I want is to play PSG and Real Madrid in the Champions League.

The last thing I want to do is form a clique. I just wanted people to put a bit of effort scoring and reviewing before they get to nominate. I’m sensing a bit of resentment among the population.
Its nothing like your example for goodness sake. And if people want to review their favourite album for others to comment why would they not put effort into it? Why not do it all by DM and have done? I return to the point I made. Its an open forum and should be treated as such.
Anyway, I have said enough and certainly don't want to fall out. You asked for comments and those are mine.

Its nothing like your example for goodness sake. And if people want to review their favourite album for others to comment why would they not put effort into it? Why not do it all by DM and have done? I return to the point I made. Its an open forum and should be treated as such.
Anyway, I have said enough and certainly don't want to fall out. You asked for comments and those are mine.
Of course, and I'm grateful for the input, honestly. We won't fall out, don't worry.
I am interested in what people think with a view to making this the best experience possible and so far I'm getting the sense that people would rather it just be an open thread where people throw their hat in the ring and we build a list of nominators.

Unless there are people who have views to the contrary?

Where’s the list of the regular contributors to the other thread mate? - I assume you’re gonna name them?
Yes - I spent a bit of time trawling the Top 1100 thread. I was going to put the list on here but I'm holding off for a little while because based on the feedback so far, I might change the proposed system anyway.

The whole point of setting the initial sub-title to "Week 0" was because I wanted to spend a bit of time discussing ideas before we kick off with the first vote.

I await the call.....
If we go "all inclusive", I might just pick you to start the ball rolling with The Smiths.
After all, with any new system, there are bound to be teething problems and we need a guinea pig. If it all goes horribly wrong on the trial run, it might as well be Morrissey and co.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.