Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

With regard to WWYWYWS chants...surely the riposte should be ' where were you when we were shit'...
we used to chant that playing Citeh was their cup final.......

personally I'd chant "you're going home by fucking ambulance" or " you'll never make the station"

Just read that they may be bringing booze back by allowing drinks in your seat during the match. That might improve atmosphere. Might have to get a poncho if that beer throwing when a goal is scored thing makes its way into the ground.

Just read that they may be bringing booze back by allowing drinks in your seat during the match. That might improve atmosphere. Might have to get a poncho if that beer throwing when a goal is scored thing makes its way into the ground.
my last day attending should that start....beer is for drinking.

Pity the police don’t have this standard for all grounds
Yeah

This was a requirement by GMP as part of the planning Also the PL like the away fans to be visible for Tv atmosphere and IIRC this was part of an initiative a few seasons ago not withstanding the legacy grounds

So we will now fans going to the bar during the match and disturbing the rows around them in and out its bad enough with those who go to get the beers in just before HT and coming back late after ko

I went to the Wycombe game, 15 minutes to go and people started leaving. There was a kid sat opposite me and every person who left he said "sit down". I just give them the stare, probably too scared to start anything, but well done that kid. So much more a worthy supporter.

Genuinely curious, as I might have a small chance of relaying this to someone at the club...what does everyone think all the problems are currently re the matchday experience, the issues around attendance/atmosphere etc are and what would you do about them? All suggestions welcome.

Personally for me it’s like this

It takes too long getting in

Takes far too long getting a drink before the game (miss the beginning of the game and no atmosphere on the concourse)

Takes far too long getting a drink at half time (miss the beggining of second half, no atmosphere on concourse)

Horrific and I mean horrific pre match and half time entertainment killing any chance of an atmosphere building.

and I don’t know what they’d do about this one but it’s a nightmare getting away from the ground which can make you want to leave early.

My recommendations

They need to sort the queues out for beer, maybe bottle/can bars but they seem to have moved away from that due to environmental concerns. How can they not have a system where you can order cans etc on your phone and collect them at ht

Sort the queues out for the entrances, stewards moving along down the queue checking peoples tickets.

Digital Clocks above entrace to each aisle so people don’t miss the start of each half “by accident”

light touch if any entertainment before the game, virtually nobody enjoys the interviews or competitions on the pitch, I actively go down to the concourse to avoid it even if I don’t need to be down there

The club might not like to encourage drinking etc, but it’s a big part of matchday for a lot of people and making it a pain in the arse is affecting the atmosphere because people are in the concourse rather than in their seats

we used to chant that playing Citeh was their cup final.......

personally I'd chant "you're going home by fucking ambulance" or " you'll never make the station"
I was telling my lads about some of the chants that used to be sung in the seventies, they thought they were hilarious. Such songs as I hear the sounds of distant bums and your going home in a wooden overcoat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.