Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feck that!…..imagine being at the back of that queue waiting to be paid, Barca are over a barrel right now & I hope we aren’t giving em a leg up, much prefer a player swap
I suspect it will be a loan in January and purchase agreement for next summer when they show they’ve earned a bit more cash.

I'm proposing that we replace him with Edozie and Palmer. Foden last season started only 17 league games. For a player of his ability to get so few starts is absurd, because with more minutes he'd probably walk into the world Team of the Year come next Christmas.

Give Foden an extra 10-12 starts this season and promote the younger guys to a rotational role rather than only playing when we happen to draw shit teams in the cups, that's my preferred solution.
As much as the two lads are talented they aren’t on fodens level, he’s an anomaly in terms of his abilities, hence he’s keeping out seasoned pros

"Disrespectful"
"Wanting players to slip up"
"Not proper supporters"
"Haters"

The usual patronising guff for not thinking a player is as good as others think he is.

sterling will be known for missing them BIG chances by everybody in football
its a well known fact that his finishing is the weakest part of his game when under pressure.
great player and can be ruthless at times but he can be wasteful all at the same time ? maybe its pep setup of a false 9 and calling them forwards that we ask far to much from our wide players (wingers)

maybe we need to look at the figures from sterling and the other wide players that score goals as a unit and not a single striker.. its hard because we are winning silverware and titles but the champions league is the big one and you may only get that one chance you need to bag ? answers the question would you bet everything you own when sterling is clean through one and one with only the keeper to beat

He's got two years left on his contract, he's 26 and a regular England International. My only concern in all of this is that we finally sell a player in his prime and get suitable fee for him. Anything less than 60 million will be an outraged.
And the rest. Slabhead went for £85m at roughly the same age.

Unless Paris come to the party next summer, it will be Barca.

His new media people have done this deliberately, even started briefing off record, in a bid to give City a push to let him leave in January to Barca.

Up to now, City have made it clear they won't entertain a sale in January, but his value is surely falling all the time and he will only entertain a couple of clubs.

He's not contributing on the field of play and if it also helps to convince Bernardo there is more room here, then we should try to part on good terms ASAP.

If we get our original outlay back, it would be one of the best bits of business City has done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.