Brighton (A) - Post-Match Thread

Sensational for 30 mins. Second half slacked off and failed to manage the game. Some decent defending when Brighton put some pressure on. Overall not too bad at all. Foden, Bernado excellent. Still waiting for KdB to find his form.

Jamie Redknapp explained offside not given before pen because it was in a different phase of play. I suppose VAR can only be used in the final phase? Still seems odd when VAR has seen the offside but can't judge on it.

I've seen that left back for Brighton a couple of times, and he looks the business

Carried our form from Tuesday into the game ,we dropped 10% in the second half, Brighton are a very good team and played us off the pitch for 35 mins, their goal woke us up a bit and controlled the last 10, all in all a very good result
We were coasting

We were gifted goals and then, as we do when we have a big lead at half time, switched off
I actually think we didn't play well at all
Me neither. We were better in the first half than the second, but people saying we were great are well wrong.

We did have the counter attack on a lot of times. But half the time didn’t even utilise it. Like with Foden when he saw his arse with Cancelo and him telling Dias at half time, we chose to turn around and pass it backwards when our front three busted a gut to get forward quickly about half a dozen times in the first half.

Our goals were a ‘keeper mistake, one where the defender kicked it onto Foden (even the pass from Grealish was short), and one that was going wide that deflected off Foden.

Second half we were very poor.

It is a tough place to go and we won 1-4 so can’t complain too much, but we weren’t good.

Jamie Redknapp explained offside not given before pen because it was in a different phase of play. I suppose VAR can only be used in the final phase? Still seems odd when VAR has seen the offside but can't judge on it.
In the old days the lino would have flagged and nowt else would have happened

He's wrong, it's the same phase of play, even the replays began from that moment, just because a pass went back did not mean it's a different phase. It directly resulted in their movement into the box and 3 passes later they had a penalty

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.