United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
When asked about Maguire, Pep didn't deny we wanted him, he said we couldn't afford him. Any source related to City would tell you we were interested, but not at 80m. Find one that said at the time we had no interest in Maguire. Btw, he was good for England just 3-4 months ago. He isn't Dias, but he isn't/wasn't bad either.

He’s never a Pep player. His first touch is worse than Dzeko’s.

So if we don’t hear from someone that we’re not interested, then we must be interested … interesting concept.

IMHO … not even Pep could turn Maguire in to a first team squad member.

Spare a thought for poor Jadon Sancho - signed for an absolute King's ransom - and thanks for the commission, btw - but despite a 5-0 hammering at home, can't get on the pitch. Probably not selected because he doesn't press or track back enough when out of possession - oh; wait a minute.........
:-)
Signed for a King’s ransom? Are you sure? If that was the case then it would be repeated ad nauseum i
The football show on Sky lead with:

Only once have Manchester United lost by a bigger margin to their main rivals and that was in 1895

Technically correct but no mention of the matches that equalled the Dippers win.
We were their biggest rivals for most of that period. Anyone who doesn’t know that knows fuck all about football history.

About that squad, why are pundits so sure they should be title challengers?

they have a good attack (but even then not THAT amazing—but yes hood) but look what’s behind them and look at the bench.

A basic midfield, Maguire is limited or needs a proper partner and is a terrible choice of captain, Shaw would only work with a forward on his side with better work rate, Wan Bissaka is limited (he’d be very good for a club like Crystal Pakace actually), etc.

But even granting them a decent XI, the squad is not very good is it? They’re level is in the chasing pack. I honestly don’t think they are significantly better than Leicester or West Ham.

i don’t think they are better overall than the Chelsea team Lampard was managing before Tuchel came in.

and sure they can get Conte or Zidane but the new coach would need the authority to bench Ronaldo or Maguire when he thinks it’s best and to make some of his own signings. Ole is not good and will be the fall guy, but yea I’m a way they might as well wait and figure what they want from their overall setup (ofcourse I selfishly hope it NEVER clicks!).

unrelated question—why did they sign Sancho?? It’s not even about whether he is good but I’m thinking of whether they needed him.

Totally agree. Greek and Greggs positioning and lack of communication was like prime Laurel and Hardy.
Add to that the complete lack of support from Saint Marcus on the left and the picture is complete.
The way they played yesterday was complete arrogance for me. Playing that way against Salah is ripe for a battering.
They should have gone One up but Bruno Mars did one of his NASA specials.
Why wasn’t Ronaldo and Fred red carded ?
Fecking great though.
Fucking Bruno Mars.......;) ;)

I thought that about October. It hard for us to take the results like happened in midweek but we know it is for the greater good. Ole cannot last November, I'll be amazed if he's in situ for the derby.
What baffled me was, his side was 4/0 down, they’ve just had a player sent off and he brings on a striker ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.