Any past or present City player everybody seems to rate but you don't

Balotelli, Negredo, Bony, Jovetic, we pushed out one phenomenal striker after letting him compete for his place with a clown, a sick man and two half-a-season wonders.

Ok, this is not a thread about bit-part players, or the unarguably out-of-their-depth - but a chance to question commonly-held beliefs. I love Gaby Jesus, and loved Paul Stewart, but I’m not having a pop at knuckles’ or gaudino’s posts. So here goes…

John Stones. For most of the 2019-20 season, literally unselectable.

When Vinnie had retired and didn’t get replaced, when Laporte got a 6-month injury in September, when the General was clearly no longer worth his place, we had to put the PL’s best CDM in the back four for most of the season, completely unbalancing the side, and placing too much pressure on Rodri far too early in his City career, because England international JS, wih no age or fitness issues affecting him, could not be trusted to do the job he was paid to do. Even García was ahead of JS. He had a good season last year, his first ever in a City shirt, but some people, Blue Moon Podcast especially, go on about Stones like he’s some kind of National Treasure.

At his worst, Stones is the most timid-looking Centre Half I’ve ever paid money to watch. At his best, he’s only good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.