Any past or present City player everybody seems to rate but you don't

He wasn't overrated, we just never got to see his full potential on a regular basis. Players like Kompany offer so much more than what you see on the pitch though, he has that rare ability to make his teammates think they're invincible and that only happens with special players.
That's pretty much where I'm coming from. Great leaders aren't always the best players .Andy Morrison is another example.
Kompany led by example - The sort of bloke you'd follow through fire in a tough situation. A world class leader, but not a world class player.

Still hate Channon, the absolute ****.

I'd go for Paul Dickov. Lots of effort, little quality.
I had Dickov in mind too. However I don't actually hate him, I just think he was a poor player.
Had he done his job in 1997-98 we might not have gone down to the third tier and had he done his job in 1998-99 we might have finished in the top two and not had to face the play-offs.
I believe our three lowest ever league finished were 96-97, 97-98 and 98-99. A good place to look for poor and overrated players.

I had Dickov in mind too. However I don't actually hate him, I just think he was a poor player.
Had he done his job in 1997-98 we might not have gone down to the third tier and had he done his job in 1998-99 we might have finished in the top two and not had to face the play-offs.
I believe our three lowest ever league finished were 96-97, 97-98 and 98-99. A good place to look for poor and overrated players.
Indeed. Sadly, Kinkladze is in that lot as well.

Similar to Rosler, (who left Maine Road, with City two divisions lower than when he joined) I always found it a tad strange that Ian Bishop was remembered with far greater warmth than his immediate replacement Mark Ward.
In fact, I'd love to know how many top flight games City won with Bishop in the team during both his spells at the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.