Any past or present City player everybody seems to rate but you don't

Oh and kolarov, lethargic at the best of times and bottled many a tackle in the coner, no wonder blocks 119-120 gave him pelters many games. Lazy fucker

De Jong is one for me. He had cult hero status when he was here because he did slide tackles but he was seriously limited in what he could do. Just a clogger. He was OUR clogger, I get it, but I just feel he was hugely overrated by our fan base.

De Jong is one for me. He had cult hero status when he was here because he did slide tackles but he was seriously limited in what he could do. Just a clogger. He was OUR clogger, I get it, but I just feel he was hugely overrated by our fan base.
I remember De Jong vs Barry debates were the rage back in the day, with nobody really siding with Barry at the time. Now I don't think there'd be many that say De Jong (I too would say Barry was the better). I find that an interesting phenomenon of sorts.

Yeah, De Jong was limited and nowhere near the player some thought he was. Still a decent player for the club though.

I will say that there were times when I thought Uwe was taking the piss with a sulky attitude and conning the fans by pretending to make massive efforts.

Anelka, though, was taking the piss 90% of the time be was here and not trying properly. Obviously talented but I never knew why some thought he gave a shit about the team.

Fowler too - couldn't even be arsed getting as fit as the average 40 year old bloke - but I don't think he is remembered particularly fondly.

Sorry guys but I hate this thread. OK some people City signed over the years might have been mercenaries, just in it for the money, but most gave their all. Some comments on hear made me wonder if the people were WUMS, shame on them,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.