Crystal Palace (H) - Post-Match Thread

Thought we looked leggy today, always going to be difficult down to 10 and agree that KDB looks bollixed. Fuck it bring on the rags.
We should not be looking leggy at this point of the season, next month is when the real hard work begins and the winter kicks in.

I agree we now look like everything goes out wide but then but that could be due to adding Grealish or could be down to how opposition set up but how can you know it’s down to Arteta
I think its several things,

1. We play inverted wingers again which doesn't suit us when every team is sitting deep
2. We don't have two rapid wingers anymore (loss of Sane + Silva's through balls)
3. Arteta would work daily with our attacking wingers (you can research this) on movement and finishing

It seems we kick the ball out wide and the winger dribbles and passes it back central before we switch the play to the other side. It is too slow and pedestrian and it allows the opponent to remain in their shape without much effort.

We play Ole's United in one week. If we dont win that after Pep bigging them up in press and after Liverpool ripped them to pieces last week then I am not sure we are good enough for this title.
Also they have a harder CL game vs Atalanta away while we have a more easier Brugge visiting Etihad. We need to make this count and regain some momentum because Carabao loss+Palace loss can really be "topped" with dropping points vs the rag.
could also be Ole's last game if he survives until then if we beat them in style.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.