So how many?

tolmie's hairdoo

Just for explanation, I decided to go yesterday and spent almost an hour on Friday morning trying to buy two seats together, anywhere in the stadium.

The best I could do was one seat apart in the second tier of the North Stand and because the receipt said they were a resale, assumed that somebody who was part of a regular trio, was coming on their own.

Thankfully, that was the case, and the person sat between us happily shifted across.

Seen numerous empty seats threads (not my intention for this to morph in to another)

However, from my vantage, there were scores of doubles and rows vacant all around the stadium, running in to thousands, irrespective of what the attendance announced was yesterday?

The entire South Stand from bottom to top was the worst populated I had seen it, yet I couldn't buy two together for love nor money.

Is it really the case we have so many season ticket holders who just aren't turning up, as I had never really thought it was a huge issue, but my issues on Friday trying to buy just two tickets outside of the website's recommendation of the last row on tier three of the Colin Bell, left me wondering yesterday what is going on and how the club can fix it?

If you don't fill your seat, either with your own arse or somebody else's, for something like 80% of games, you should lose your season card for the following season. Understand that not everyone can make every game, but put it up for exchange of you can't go.

If you don't fill your seat, either with your own arse or somebody else's, for something like 80% of games, you should lose your season card for the following season. Understand that not everyone can make every game, but put it up for exchange of you can't go.

Not that drastic just tell them that one of the home games of Liverpool chelsea and the rags will go on open sale and miss another game another one will go on open sale but before all this warn season ticket holders that this is what will happen.

Good intentions from the Club, along with relatively cheap prices in the South Stand but it’s being abused. I’m not sure if the £299 tickets were available this season but I assume some bought those and attended the big games plus Christmas fixtures, probably get to see 7/8 of the top games and only pay about £40, to the detriment of the atmosphere and the jibes from other fans, something needs to be done.

Good intentions from the Club, along with relatively cheap prices in the South Stand but it’s being abused. I’m not sure if the £299 tickets were available this season but I assume some bought those and attended the big games plus Christmas fixtures, probably get to see 7/8 of the top games and only pay about £40, to the detriment of the atmosphere and the jibes from other fans, something needs to be done.

that’s just south stand level 3. This is happening around the whole ground regularly.

Good intentions from the club with cheap season tickets particularly in SSL3 and the value gold tickets dotted around the stadium combined with extremely expensive match day tickets has lead to I believe thousands of people buying season tickets who don’t intend to go to the majority of games. Season tickets that effectively pay for themselves after about 7 or 8 games is a bad idea. The club were supposed to be taking season tickets off people who didn’t attend a certain amount of games but everything appears to have gone quiet on that front. I think a different level of membership is required where people who intend to attend say 10 games get a discounted rate without needing a season ticket.

The other factor is just trying to buy or transfer the tickets you own, it’s farcical. My mate transferred his adult ticket to me instantly but had to spend numerous hours on hold because his kids can’t be transferred as they don’t have emails. City are as much to blame as supporters who don’t turn up.

The usual excuse of S/T holders not turning up for a variety of reasons doesn't hold water in this instance as the away section of SS3 was available to home fans and those seats are not sold as season tickets.
There looked to have been at least a third of seats available in that section.
How does the ticket exchange work? Are tickets put up for sale together with other seats available on the day or are they in a separate area of the web site?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.