#5 | John Stones - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not even close between Stones and Laporte these days.
Hes the second best CB in the league after Dias and even then there's not much between them.

Id rank Stones above Dias - Ruben’s still prone going to ground too early and isn’t as good on the ball.

Stones does everything Dias does in terms of defensive solidity, but with an elegance that makes it a lot more subtle to the point it almost goes unnoticed.

He’s levels above anybody else in the league - Chelsea have got an Aldi version in Christensen starting, he’d walk into United and even Liverpool’s team. He’s also better than anything Bayern, Barca, Real Madrid have, and would be ideal alongside Marquinhos at PSG.

The biggest thing for me is how he is able to come back from set backs now. Up till probably the last 18mths it always seemed like Stones would struggle to come back in and do a job, he would be completely void of confidence and his skills deserted him. Injuries and lack of game time killed him.

Now though, he can come straight in and he's ready to go straight away.

The biggest thing for me is how he is able to come back from set backs now. Up till probably the last 18mths it always seemed like Stones would struggle to come back in and do a job, he would be completely void of confidence and his skills deserted him. Injuries and lack of game time killed him.

Now though, he can come straight in and he's ready to go straight away.
Great point this. Last season I remember thinking how's he going to handle making a mistake, when previously that would be the point when he crumbles. Now he just gets on with it regardless which is great.

Although even better, he's not making the mistakes that he used to.

If it had to take a Laporte disasterclass (and defeat) to get our best pairing back together, then we might look back on the Palace game as being a superb loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.