James McAtee | On loan at Sheffield United

again i repeat we are not a charity to give gametime in our team just to prove a point. If McAtee does not break through blame his lack of talent not anything else. he should be closer to the level foden was to breakthrough into the team which he is not. palmer is closer.
So you are saying to break into our first team you must be the level of generational talent. So anyone who is not going to be top 3 players itw at some stage should just be binned off.

So you are saying to break into our first team you must be the level of generational talent. So anyone who is not going to be top 3 players itw at some stage should just be binned off.
I don't think selling players to have respectable careers elsewhere and provide a revenue stream for the club is being "binned off". But clearly, anyone playing for the first team should be world class, or potentially world class, yes. (which isn't quite the same as top 3 in the world)

I don't think selling players to have respectable careers elsewhere and provide a revenue stream for the club is being "binned off". But clearly, anyone playing for the first team should be world class, or potentially world class, yes. (which isn't quite the same as top 3 in the world)
exactly!

Sorry you seem to have poor comprehension skills. He’s the epitome of what our academy aimed to produce when it was revamped, local talents who play our football and are the best in the country (Europe). Nothing to do with how good they are in comparison to each other, just that they are all the type of players we want to produce.
Spot on..we can not stop a player with potential moving on if they desire to do so..indeed, of the guys who have moved on of late, only Sancho was potentially a future City first team player..the rest have failed..however, there are players like McAtee who need to be nurtured and supported especially when they have the talent he has..sadly Dortmund have made players look elsewhere..it would make no sense to go to the rags or scousers..let Sancho be a lesson to them.

Well now you know he came from Chelsea, in the U23 games we played against them last season he was probably their most impressive player, but not close to the likes of Delap, McAtee, Doyle etc. So I could absolutely understand if them guys are sitting at city thinking “well I’m better than, or at least as good as, Livramento so why should I sit around and wait in the EDS”. The obvious counter argument is Foden, but Foden was different. I think we need a Palmer or McAtee to break through to provide a different aspect to Foden who is and was a once in a generation talent.
At what point do we consider Palmer to have 'broken through'? He seems to be a permanent fixture with the 1st team now. Genuine question BTW.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.