James McAtee

Worked for Foden
Foden could be worked into the front 3, McAtee is a CM the minutes/space & trust just isnt there as it stands. If a loan offer is good enough, and it'll need to tick alot of boxes, no problem with him being given another season to play/develop before hes thrown in the mix for an 8/10.

Would be worried about McAtee going to another club in the top flight (Brighton). No guarantee of game time at all and he might end up having a rotten season like Chelsea’s Billy Gilmour, someone who already had first-team minutes.

Would be worried about McAtee going to another club in the top flight (Brighton). No guarantee of game time at all and he might end up having a rotten season like Chelsea’s Billy Gilmour, someone who already had first-team minutes.
Yes that's my concern with loans these clubs don't have city's interests at heart and either don't play them or use the loan as a foot in the door to get him there then they and the press turn his head, criminal to go back to city and not play blah blah. Shades of Foden 3 years ago . It might be a minority view but I would be very careful. Could he not be one of the 5 who comes on regularly for 20 mins, we hardly seem to have any youngsters left.

Yes that's my concern with loans these clubs don't have city's interests at heart and either don't play them or use the loan as a foot in the door to get him there then they and the press turn his head, criminal to go back to city and not play blah blah. Shades of Foden 3 years ago . It might be a minority view but I would be very careful. Could he not be one of the 5 who comes on regularly for 20 mins, we hardly seem to have any youngsters left.
Part of the problem has been Guardiola’s reticence to use young substitutes until we’re three goals clear, and that’s been exacerbated by having players squander a host of chances. I‘d much rather see McAtee develop here, but if it’s only going to be the occasional 5 minutes because senior players choke in front of goal and Guardiola remains cautious, then he and the others would be better playing elsewhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.