International Matches | 11th - 16th November 2021

Why don't UEFA/FIFA set up a Europa League type tournament for the so called lesser nations 2 years outside the World Cup/Euros?

Being constantly dicked in qualifiers won't help them develop and a standalone mini WC/Euros held in a bidding country would give their fans and teams an incentive to improve.

The TV audience would be there for it I think.

Why don't UEFA/FIFA set up a Europa League type tournament for the so called lesser nations 2 years outside the World Cup/Euros?

Being constantly dicked in qualifiers won't help them develop and a standalone mini WC/Euros held in a bidding country would give their fans and teams an incentive to improve.

That's what the European Nations League is for with the prize of Euro Championship places at the end.

Last edited:

I'm not sure the TV audience would be there and there is only so far small countries with the populations comparable to an English market town can develop.

And that's before you take into account most of the players aren't full-time first XI professionals in club football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.