Rangers Thread - 2021/22

This was Keith Jackson that called Gerrard just a Showbiz Coup when he joined, that also said Dave King was delusional when he said they would challenge Celtic within a couple of years?

It just seems to me that Celtic have millions of fans worldwide. But none of them seem to be Journalists, referees, officials within the SPFL, SFA, UEFA, the police, judges, probably the Scottish Government! You guys are the experts mind you, a lot if the Celtic blogs seems to talk about Rangers far more than Celtic.

As for having more debt than Greece, most of our debt is to our directors, & a lot of that gets converted to equity. When that changes, then I'll start to worry.
Good job United arn’t Scottish, the Celtc financial bedroom bloggers would be furious with a club riding an almost 200 million pound debt.

This was Keith Jackson that called Gerrard just a Showbiz Coup when he joined, that also said Dave King was delusional when he said they would challenge Celtic within a couple of years?

It just seems to me that Celtic have millions of fans worldwide. But none of them seem to be Journalists, referees, officials within the SPFL, SFA, UEFA, the police, judges, probably the Scottish Government! You guys are the experts mind you, a lot if the Celtic blogs seems to talk about Rangers far more than Celtic.

As for having more debt than Greece, most of our debt is to our directors, & a lot of that gets converted to equity. When that changes, then I'll start to worry.
Hang aboot.

Good job United arn’t Scottish, the Celtc financial bedroom bloggers would be furious with a club riding an almost 200 million pound debt.
Their turnover can manage it. Debt is only bad when you cant. Eventually the directors pockets empty. Utd are worth billions. Thats the difference.

Their turnover can manage it. Debt is only bad when you cant. Eventually the directors pockets empty. Utd are worth billions. Thats the difference.

You guys go on about the losses like they are unexpected though, like they've just sneaked up on us.

This regime took over in 2015. The club was a shell when they took over. Team needed an overhaul. Stadium had been utterly neglected. The Academy was basically non existent. Revenue streams were severely handicapped due to shocking commercial deals.

The guys were up front, it needed front loaded investment. All clubs do it when they have been neglected & need to get to point B. It's not anything new, you need to invest in the business, to get it to a stage eventually where it properly operates as a business again.

A club has 4 main revenue streams.....

Matchday, so season tickets, hospitality etc. These have been affected by Covid.

Commercial, we only in the past year got out that shocking Sports Direct contract so we're basically without a large chunk of this until last year.

Competition - so prize money, European football etc that again we've only had in the last couple of years since domestic prize money is so poor.

Player Trading - We've obviously invested a decent amount in players to become more competitive & win the league. However, Ross Wilson will now need to earn his money & get selling players & finding cheaper replacements. We also need to start to see more players coming through the academy like Patterson but this was always going to take time as the Academy was non existent.

These are all things that you guys are a lot further on than us. Our model will end up similar to your model, which as far as I can see, is basically try & qualify for the Champions League or have to sell a player or 2 so invest again in the squad, which is basically the handicap & reality of playing in Scottish football.

You guys go on about the losses like they are unexpected though, like they've just sneaked up on us.

This regime took over in 2015. The club was a shell when they took over. Team needed an overhaul. Stadium had been utterly neglected. The Academy was basically non existent. Revenue streams were severely handicapped due to shocking commercial deals.

The guys were up front, it needed front loaded investment. All clubs do it when they have been neglected & need to get to point B. It's not anything new, you need to invest in the business, to get it to a stage eventually where it properly operates as a business again.

A club has 4 main revenue streams.....

Matchday, so season tickets, hospitality etc. These have been affected by Covid.

Commercial, we only in the past year got out that shocking Sports Direct contract so we're basically without a large chunk of this until last year.

Competition - so prize money, European football etc that again we've only had in the last couple of years since domestic prize money is so poor.

Player Trading - We've obviously invested a decent amount in players to become more competitive & win the league. However, Ross Wilson will now need to earn his money & get selling players & finding cheaper replacements. We also need to start to see more players coming through the academy like Patterson but this was always going to take time as the Academy was non existent.

These are all things that you guys are a lot further on than us. Our model will end up similar to your model, which as far as I can see, is basically try & qualify for the Champions League or have to sell a player or 2 so invest again in the squad, which is basically the handicap & reality of playing in Scottish football.

its all they can cling onto haha.

Looks like Gio Van Brockhurst will be announced soon as the new manager.

I knew about him being en ex player at Rangers & Arsenal I've always kept an eye on him, & he did well at Feynoord as manager, but I didn't realise he spent 5 months at City studying the City Group.

Was he earmarked to take a role at 1 of the sister clubs does anyone know?

Reactions: ob

I knew about him being en ex player at Rangers & Arsenal I've always kept an eye on him, & he did well at Feynoord as manager, but I didn't realise he spent 5 months at City studying the City Group.

9C0F1FA9-E92B-476F-B9A9-616CABCDED82.jpegLike chips and mayonnaise

Reactions: ob

I thought he was in charge of one of our youth teams? and then the chance to go manage again meant he run off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.