Manchester Xmas market thread

When it first opened years ago it was quite a fun novelty but now it’s just rammed full of wankers buying tacky shite.

Absolutely horrendous. It’s like Blackpool promenade.

Last Xmas Market I went to was in George Square in Glasgow about 4 years ago.
Froze my bollocks off just so the missus could have a glass of fucking mulled wine that she left because she didn't like.. . I'd already told her she wouldn't enjoy it but as usual the silly girl thought she knew best.
Ended up leaving her to wander round aimlessly whilst I went to the Anchor lounge to get twatted.
Presume the Manchester version would be a similar experience so no thanks.

A lot of Scrooge's on here!

The Manchester Markets are a huge draw for many people around the country. You only have to walk around them to hear lots of different accents and people asking where the next one is etc. They must bring in a lot of money for the city and provide a lot of jobs too. They are also the best in the country and - ANOTHER - reason to visit Manchester after the football, music, history, shops, museums, nightlife etc etc.

I went yesterday and they aren't my thing, but I went around them with my wife and it was great to see so many people having a good time. We had some food and a mooch about and overall it was nice to see some normality back. You don't have to go, but a lot of people enjoy them.

After the last 2 years or so, I would've thought most people would love to see people out, mixing and having a good time.

If they were in London, Leeds or Liverpool we'd have people moaning why can't Manchester do it!

Be thankful you have the opportunity to visit the best Christmas markets in the UK and be thankful you don't have to go if you don't want to!
Spot on. If it's not for them then, for me, that's great, keeps it manageable for those that like something different. Go to your shitty "spoons" pubs. That's the very definition fucking "same" every time.

Manchester is full of moaning fuckers. You can see that in the comments online anytime a new building is proposed.

Spot on. If it's not for them then, for me, that's great, keeps it manageable for those that like something different. Go to your shitty "spoons" pubs. That's the very definition fucking "same" every time.

Manchester is full of moaning fuckers. You can see that in the comments online anytime a new building is proposed.
Just out of interest but what is it about standing by a wooden shed in the freezing cold drinking overpriced beer and eating overpriced hotdogs that appeals to you?

Not been yet this year, I'm planning on 2 trips to have a drink outside one with Mrs Moon & our adult lads and girlfriends if we can sort out a suitable date and one with 3 lads who are my best mates, we used to work together 30 odd years ago and are still really close....a sort of mates Xmas party, it's a midweek afternoon and depending on the temperature could be a pint outside then in the pubs before I go onto the Leeds game.

I'll maybe buy some cheese (food not tat) as well but nothing else.
You've got girlfriends (plural)? Your missus must be very broad minded!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.