Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might have been discussed before, but the demise of our neighbours in Salford after the Fergie years has been quite obvious. So we now enter the later era of the Pep years, I doubt he will stay for much longer than his current contract, so do we have a plan beyond? If so, I hope it is better than the neighbours’ had. Thoughts welcome.

To be fair post-Tevez and Ronaldo, Ferguson was winning titles and reaching Champions League finals with geriatrics, crocks and the likes of Evans, Cleverley, Jones and Welbeck….plus Gill leaving and Woodworm taking over was almost equally catastrophic for them - his successor him was taking over a club that on the of brink of relative obscurity in need of a whole new team and direction.

Whoever takes over here will get a collection of £50/£60m players in/approaching their prime, some of the best young talents in the country coming through the academy, and a shitload of money to recruit. This is a club with an infrastructure, clearly defined culture, winning mentality and spending capacity to succeed that far predates Pep, and will perpetuate after him as well.

The next manager might not find trophies as easy to come by, as the league and especially direct competition is now far stronger than in Guardiola’s first 5 years here, but what they do win will mean more in such an elite environment anyway.

Liverpool are fucked once Klopp backdoors it, because - like fellow turd polisher Ferguson in his last few seasons - he’s overachieved with some pretty dubious players, but as Chelsea have for the past 15 years, whoever we appoint will generally win stuff by default because of the way the club operates.

No chance.

If he hangs around like Busby or Ferguson, any new coach will be on a hiding to nothing.

Clean break. Thank you very much. Goodbye, all the best.

It's the best way to go.
I agree with this. We have seen four (five now) wilf mcguinnesses at the fleapit in the last few years.

I think Pep will stay a while yet, though.

Just like Pep is being inspired by Johan Cruyff, opening his mind and start pursuing manager/coaching seriously after his playing career.

Recently Kevin said on interview that he started pursuing coaching seriously after meeting and talk with Pep, i imagine many player like Kevin in City also being inspired by Pep after they meet and talking with him.

Kompany have done it, Kevin is following behind him and i suspect Fernandinho, Gundogan and probably more will going to be coaching career after their playing day is over.

This time unlike The Rags, many of our player have a solid idea of what an actual tactic and playstyle they will try to bring and teach in future. Ofc they need to prove themselves to be a good manager/coach outside a the Club with a good track record before the board even consider them on their list of the next Manchester City manager.
I'd be surprised if Fernandinho and Bernardo don't turn out to be awesome coaches in years to come.

Maybe DeBruyne, Walker too.

I can't see anyone else having the perfect mixture of confidence and emotional/football intelligence. But there are always surprises.

it will be a sad day when he goes but i hope viera or kompany are doing good enough

Pep is a great manager and hope he stays for many. But when he goes he has to leave the club behind so the next manager can just get on with the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.