United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the way their players screwed over their club legend and manager. 2 days after his sacking they are able to keep a clean sheet and nick a couple of goals (the united way) says they weren't trying for him! They wanted him gone! I really hope it's Ronaldo who started the discontent and mutiny in the dressing room!

I hope they went to Rome to ask him

I love Mancini as much as any blue blooded City fan, but him in a dressing room with Pogba and Ronaldo in the same City as Pep and same league as Klopp would be the funniest fucking thing in world football. It'd be box office, and an absolute disaster for them.

I love Mancini as much as any blue blooded City fan, but him in a dressing room with Pogba and Ronaldo in the same City as Pep and same league as Klopp would be the funniest fucking thing in world football. It'd be box office, and an absolute disaster for them.
Bobby Manc in the same dressing room as Mario was bad enough allegedly.

Would anyone be that arsed if they got Pochettino? For me he's a decent coach but a level below the elite, add to that he doesn't strike me as a manager who could deal with the egos in that dressing room.

There's a big PR spin on how great he is, but he hasn't improved PSG as a footballing side or even tactically, and it'll be a laugh trying to see him deal with bottom lip sulkers like Ronaldo, Martial and Sancho.
Put it this way I'd be very disappointed if we got him, he'll not be leaving PSG unless they decide to get rid anyway.

Would anyone be that arsed if they got Pochettino? For me he's a decent coach but a level below the elite, add to that he doesn't strike me as a manager who could deal with the egos in that dressing room.

There's a big PR spin on how great he is, but he hasn't improved PSG as a footballing side or even tactically, and it'll be a laugh trying to see him deal with bottom lip sulkers like Ronaldo, Martial and Sancho.
I think he'd have them working harder and would be less afraid of making big decisions like dropping Ronaldo for important games, but that would in itself create its own issues. To me he was a perfect fit at a place like Spurs, in the same way Simeone is at Atletico, insoafar as he can the team playing underdogs with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove. I think the problem facing any incoming United manager is true no matter who comes in, and that's that you have the best two managers in world football at City and Liverpool with perfectly drilled squads built in their image, and you have an excellent manager at Chelsea with a huge squad of elite players to adapt as necessary. One might have a poor season, but all three won't, and I don't know how you overcome that until they have gone.

Seems the reasons he wants to leave PSG are that players' egos are running the club and he can't do what he wants with Leonardo above him as DoF. Welcome to Pogba, Ronaldo and Ferguson (sorry, Fletcher, cough cough).

Seems the reasons he wants to leave PSG are that players' egos are running the club and he can't do what he wants with Leonardo above him as DoF. Welcome to Pogba, Ronaldo and Ferguson (sorry, Fletcher, cough cough).
The smart move for United would be to offer Pogba in exchange for Poch. Clear at least one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.