Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully, I'm abroad and don't have to watch it, but I remember the first time I ever watched City in the Champions League on BT Sport. I made a visit back home and my old man had subscribed to BT so he could watch the CL games. Having grown up in the seventies and eighties, I grew used to the idea that coverage of British sides in Europe would be partisan and quite openly biased in favour of our clubs. This was quite the opposite.

It was partisan and biased all right, but in favour of our opponents (I can't remember now who it was). They seemed to be actively willing us to lose and didn't make any secret of that. I was astonished - I've never seen that in any match involving another British club on domestic TV.
Napoli I think, I’ve always gone to the home games but recorded one once and when watching back couldn’t believe the one sidedness of the comments and like you was amazed it wasn’t in our favour.

No top club sells out their stadium in the group stages, do Bayern, Madrid and Barcelona have full houses? I can understand why the dippers and rags get excited as they haven’t qualified for the champions league as consistently as City have in the last ten years. They have to make the most of the group stages as they are never too sure when they will see champions league football again.
Barcelona v Benfica was just under 50,000 so around half full, equivalent of us having circa 26k as capacity from CL slightly lower than normal. Madrid's two home CL games attracted 24 and 38k. Probably get more for the Inter game but capacity is around 80k

Barcelona v Benfica was just under 50,000 so around half full, equivalent of us having circa 26k as capacity from CL slightly lower than normal. Madrid's two home CL games attracted 24 and 38k. Probably get more for the Inter game but capacity is around 80k

There’s a lot of building work going on at Madrid and not too sure if they are allowed to go back to full capacity in Spain due to covid. They didn’t have full houses before the pandemic, Inter Milan who don’t qualify regularly managed 42,000 in a stadium that probably hold 70,000 people.

People should be asking the questions of why Europe’s premier club competition just doesn’t have the interest of the Premier league. If it’s such a money spinner why don’t Sky want it? That was a cracking game last night between two very good sides but you don’t see anything like that until the quarter finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.