United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ralf Rangnick is a genius and would be my choice for our next Manageras I’ve been on about in that thread for year.

Im Gutted they got him and hope they do not give him the job beyond the end of this season.

Within a month there will be no more crap United.

Not even United can fuck this up!
Similar to Sam Allardyce then

To all those saying what a great appointment (or shit appointment). I have one thing to say BULLSHIT. Unless you are the saddest geek in history you will have NEVER HEARD OF HIM. Subsequently you will have googled him or read about him from press releases and made up your opinion based on that
Seriously guys be honest. It could be a made up bloke for all we know and someone has pre- created a Wikipedia page for him before announcing the appointment. None of us would be any the wiser

I know bugger all about him, but from this he sounds like a highly knowledgeable and nice guy.

A bit of a contrast to recent incumbents if so.

I’m confused by this.

It doesn’t make sense as a short term gig and I can’t see the Glazers making the sacrifice needed to make it a long-term one. I don’t see how the father of the gengenpresse is going to let Ronaldo nor Pogba anywhere near the pitch.Longer term it would mean he’s gotta move them on and recycle a good 1/2 of his players, who don’t have the fitness nor the tactical awareness to make such a system work. I cannot see the Glazers being willing to finish 8th for a few seasons while this guy sorts them out.

Have the Glazers said “Fuck it, let’s give this guy control and let him run the entire football operation his way, come what may”? Meaning the six month deal can/will morph into a long-term deal? Because if they’ve really done that, then this is a step in the right direction. But the guy is 63, so they aren’t thinking he’s the one to helm the club for years to come.

I’m really puzzled. Maybe I’m overthinking and this is just a desperation grab for a name — any name — who speaks English and is ready to come now.

To all those saying what a great appointment (or shit appointment). I have one thing to say BULLSHIT. Unless you are the saddest geek in history you will have NEVER HEARD OF HIM. Subsequently you will have googled him or read about him from press releases and made up your opinion based on that
Seriously guys be honest. It could be a made up bloke for all we know and someone has pre- created a Wikipedia page for him before announcing the appointment. None of us would be any the wiser
hold on to youre hat , i've a feeling dom will be along shortly, he usually knows his stuff

They've employed a manager whose philosophy is to press, has this tactical genius seen the shit he's got to work with? Loving this idea that he's going to Kloppify the rags ;)
They'll need a bigger medicine cabinet at the swamp if they are going to try and get Rashford, Martial, Poobag, Mata, Cavani, BrunoPen1, and PR37 to play 'heavy metal' football.

Genuinely amazing how many people have obviously googled him to see what club he's at, but not managed to read that he's the director of football, not the manager.
For sure, but I still have the question as to how he's ended up DoF at Lokomotiv. Seems a little small time for someone held in such high regard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.