United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m confused by this.

It doesn’t make sense as a short term gig and I can’t see the Glazers making the sacrifice needed to make it a long-term one. I don’t see how the father of the gengenpresse is going to let Ronaldo nor Pogba anywhere near the pitch.Longer term it would mean he’s gotta move them on and recycle a good 1/2 of his players, who don’t have the fitness nor the tactical awareness to make such a system work. I cannot see the Glazers being willing to finish 8th for a few seasons while this guy sorts them out.

Have the Glazers said “Fuck it, let’s give this guy control and let him run the entire football operation his way, come what may”? Meaning the six month deal can/will morph into a long-term deal? Because if they’ve really done that, then this is a step in the right direction. But the guy is 63, so they aren’t thinking he’s the one to helm the club for years to come.

I’m really puzzled. Maybe I’m overthinking and this is just a desperation grab for a name — any name — who speaks English and is ready to come now.

All we need to know is that come Easter he'll be manning the half and half scarve stall when they realise the mistake they made and bring in Brucie to take them to their next league title ;)

For sure, but I still have the question as to how he's ended up DoF at Lokomotiv. Seems a little small time for someone held in such high regard?

He took a break after Red Bull, and decided to launch a consultancy company where he comes in and sorts stuff out behind the scenes, but doesn't have to manage.

He's known for being very demanding and was pursued by Arsenal and Tottenham but rejected them/wanted too much control.

Lokomotiv Moscow seem to have been the first club to give him everything he wants and be fine with hiring a consultant DoF. I suspect the prospect of one of the most well known clubs in the world being high profile clients to the business is why he's taken this job, and the 6 months managing was a tradeoff for control.

They'll need a bigger medicine cabinet at the swamp if they are going to try and get Rashford, Martial, Poobag, Mata, Cavani, BrunoPen1, and PR37 to play 'heavy metal' football.
Yet another reminder that Mata still plays for them, which I forget over and over and over and over again.

hold on to youre hat , i've a feeling dom will be along shortly, he usually knows his stuff
To be fair, he’s only making points that anyone who watched the Bundesliga between 2010-18 would make.

He promoted Hoffenheim to the top tier for the first time and cemented them as regulars there.

He then moved to Leipzig and did pretty well.

His best years were 10 years ago though, so it will be interesting if he succeeds over there or turns out to be another Mourinho, by which I mean a very good manager who’s best years are behind him.

To be fair, he’s only making points that anyone who watched the Bundesliga between 2010-18 would make.

He promoted Hoffenheim to the top tier for the first time and cemented them as regulars there.

He then moved to Leipzig and did pretty well.

His best years were 10 years ago though, so it will be interesting if he succeeds over there or turns out to be another Mourinho, by which I mean a very good manager who’s best years are behind him.
ive never heard of the bloke before, but imo dom seems to know what hes talking about most of the time

He took a break after Red Bull, and decided to launch a consultancy company where he comes in and sorts stuff out behind the scenes, but doesn't have to manage.

He's known for being very demanding and was pursued by Arsenal and Tottenham but rejected them/wanted too much control.

Lokomotiv Moscow seem to have been the first club to give him everything he wants and be fine with hiring a consultant DoF. I suspect the prospect of one of the most well known clubs in the world being high profile clients to the business is why he's taken this job, and the 6 months managing was a tradeoff for control.
Thanks Dom — that really helps the context here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.