United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
When, in the last ten years, have they ever thought long-term? I don't buy it. I think we should keep the faith and assume they still have no idea what they are doing.

The mess they are in, with the owners they have, I doubt this guy is United's Messiah. He could just turn out to be a very naughty boy.
Their long-term is to be RB Trafford United FC

"Sporting director Ralf Rangnick declared in 2012 that there were actually advantages to working in a new club without deep-rooted traditions. He explained that structural changes and staffing decisions could be implemented quickly and flexibly at RB Leipzig, since there are no established hierarchies and less resistance in the environment. He further said that he had seen enough examples of traditional clubs which have not made it anywhere. "

Good luck there Ralf, they might make you Sporting Director in future but you'll find United's owners are primarily interested in the share price, certainly not short term failure in exchange for long term success. Quite quite different than managing the Red Bull clubs.

I Reckon someone said: "We need 007 to dig us out of this shit", and this guy was the closest look a like to Daniel Craig they could find.
Alternatively someone said: "We need Thor and his hamer", so someone looked up Ragnarök and this was the closest they could get.

Last edited:
There was talk of Ralph Rangnick - and I can see that happening, with them moving him up to a DoF type role at the end of the season. Would be part of the pitch to get him in - rather than ‘Do you fancy managing this shower of shit for a few months then fucking off again next May?’

Called this the other day.

If it works out, he’s an excellent appointment for them - just what they need, to be honest. A proper football man running the show over there.

But he’s not an easy character, and will expect to be given licence to run the entire footballing operation himself without interference. Which we all know is pretty fucking unlikely over at the Rags with Ferguson still stinking the place out!

Plus their addiction to signing names for the PR rather than teams for some semblance of coherence on the pitch will not sit well with him. He’ll fucking hate Ronaldo and Pogba and all those overpaid wasters at the swamp.

I can see this going horribly wrong for them - but if it does work out, it’s probably the best footballing decision they’ve made in the last decade at least.

Rangnick built the Red Bull football Group from scratch. Leipzig is the flagship but Salzburg is not far behind. Concept has similarities with CFG, and they developed many good players such as Haaland, Mane, as well as Julian Nagelsmann as coach. Before that he built Hoffenheim into a Bundesliga Club (Nagelsmann started there).
The guy is good.
He is also a very strongminded guy. I foresee conflicts with the various powers of United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.