Rangnick quits consultancy role (Pg 89)

Much as I'd like for this circus to continue, the red shite have gone and gotten a guy who knows how to operate a football club. While he may not sort them out in 6 months managerially, when he goes up top, I hope it does not work out, because given his reputation and work, he could get them back on the right track.
Not intending any disrespect to your post ,but how have you come to this conclusion? I'm thinking that probably no one on this forum or in the media knew anything of Ragnick before last week. Honestly, I'm not the most in the know, but I didn't even know he existed.

I know nothing about him but if he is decent he still has a massive challenge to create a squad, style of play and professional attitude to challenge for a title (Maybe even top4 if other teams push hard any time soon).

As much as I love laughing at united when they are a mess or hating them when they are doing OK, I still am genuinely curious to see how he and they do.

Any sign of that work permit yet ?

There doesn't seem to be a date set for this hearing so Carrick could be in charge over the weekend.

Edit : it seems the independentl FA panel have to send a recommendation to the Home Office and talk is it could be mid December before a decision is made.
Perhaps they should get an interim interim interim manager.

Last edited:
Not intending any disrespect to your post ,but how have you come to this conclusion? I'm thinking that probably no one on this forum or in the media knew anything of Ragnick before last week. Honestly, I'm not the most in the know, but I didn't even know he existed.
I've known of him from his work on the Redbull football project. I've also followed Bundesliga and seen him in charge at Schalke which was quite impressive followed by another managerial role at Leipzig, which was as impressive as the former. He's not an unknown man stepping up all of a sudden, his work has been widely known, even if from Leipzig. Another interesting fact is the reason that led me to follow him was more or less down to Leipzig's rise, because you'd be aware how the German rags in Bayern and their higher ups talk about us, they are quite against the rise of Leipzig and how the club came to be + it's financial workings. Hence the interest.

I've known of him from his work on the Redbull football project. I've also followed Bundesliga and seen him in charge at Schalke which was quite impressive followed by another managerial role at Leipzig, which was as impressive as the former. He's not an unknown man stepping up all of a sudden, his work has been widely known, even if from Leipzig. Another interesting fact is the reason that led me to follow him was more or less down to Leipzig's rise, because you'd be aware how the German rags in Bayern and their higher ups talk about us, they are quite against the rise of Leipzig and how the club came to be + it's financial workings. Hence the interest.
Thanks for that. That's why I didn't want to disparage your post. Respect, your knowledge of the bloke is legit. Hope you are totally wrong though. :)

everyone knows Roy Hodgson's work and he's also won fuck all as well

everyone knows Roy Hodgson's work and he's also won fuck all as well
That's not the point I'm making and it was merely a response. You could apply this to Bielsa as well but so many top coaches idolize him.

I don't think he'll do wonders, 6 months is a very short time to sort the mess they have. It's what he can do upstairs in terms of their footballing decisions that could put them on the right track. That's my only worry and the track record of any relevance. I'm not gonna sweat over them anytime soon. We are miles ahead and we don't slack in footballing decisions, them shite over there could well have employed him to keep their stocks steady and rising till they're untouchable and won't have to care for what their fanbase says again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.