Mike Dean

I agree, to a certain extent, and your explanation is how people who haven't seen our matches would explain it away (not for one minute saying that you fall into this category); BUT when you see fair tackles which win the ball back CONSISTENTLY being given as fouls against us in almost every match you begin to wonder; even more so when VERY similar incidents perpetrated by the opposition which could/should be given in our favour get waved away.

Last night's performance certainly raised eyebrows amongst us fans, and that's understandable due to our tribalism, but when our players (Rodri, Bernardo, Zinchenko, Jesus and Fern from memory) are visibly exasperated and even openly laughing at his decisions against us as well as those NOT given for us (on many, many occasions yesterday), the penny kinda drops that something just isn't sitting right.

Dean's performance yesterday strayed beyond just being a "homer ref" IMO.

I don’t think most of them are fair tackles though and I’d take the reactions of a couple given against us with a pinch of salt, Fernandinhos and Rodri’s in particular.

The issue with Dean was more the ones not given against us and the reactions to some of those were justified.

Please may I vote for all three of those options. The man is a biased, incompetent, bent, cowardly, little joke of a man!
That’s me being nice to him. :-)
When a fair minded Lady such as yourself is calling him out Eccles, it’s way beyond a reasonable doubt he is indeed all three of those choices … ! As well as being an utter twat with a capital C

Last edited:
It was noticeable how many times Villa lost the ball and were rewarded with a free kick for an incident that had happened way more than a few seconds previously. Whereas on Saturday Gündogan was taken out, Oliver allowed play to continue even though Sterling was already surrounded by defenders and gave nothing when he was tackled.

I never thought of it like that but maybe you're on to something.

There were a couple of opportunities to completely do City over, if that's what his aim was. Gerrard made a claim for the weakest penalty decision of the season(still not quite sure which incident it was). The commentators also seemed to think, Mings purposely running around the front of Ederson and backing/barging into him with his back. To move him out of the way/stop him getting to the ball, was fair game. That might have lead to something, if it was allowed to continue.

So, rather than trying to outright rob City, maybe he was "enhancing the product". All the small decisions were going to Aston Villa, for long periods of the second half. To help them build up some momentum and hinder any of ours, while our players were also starting to show fatigue. Still no less annoying either way though.
@Metalartin think of the James Milner fouls when we played the dips. The first, a straight red ruins the product, sorry rest of the game. The 3rd foul, second booking and it ruins the last 15 minutes of end to end football, aka the product.
Last night we put Villa to bed by half time despite his help but then inexplicably he gives them a corner rather than Zink a foul, they score and its game on.

Not normally one for blaming the ref. I do and have in the pasted but have to agree that if City had taken they chances the bent ref wouldnt have mattered in most games.

However Dean was clearly trying to influence the game in favour of villa. Dean had a massive effect on the game and you could see the effect it had on the City players.
He would bring play back and give villa a free kick time after time.
Surprised he didnt give villa that penalty to be honest. Which is odd to say as he was giving villa 90% of every 50/50 or tackle.
This needs investigating something wasnt right last night, perhaps dean was trying for a knighthood in front of prince William.

Mate is a steward at Oldham in the away end. When they played Tranmere this year he said Dean was stood on his seat haranguing the ref at every opportunity. When told to stop standing on the seat he repeatedly told the stewards to f##k off. The only reason they didn't throw him out was because they suspected that was what he wanted

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.