#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had the exact same thing last season. I remember suggesting that he might not recover last season and getting all kinds of stick for suggesting such a thing.
I remember people taking great offence at any perceived criticism of some of our 'untouchable' players, leaping in to defend the sometimes indefensible.

KDB is one of those players who is guaranteed a free pass regardless of form. The media loves him almost as much as City fans. As such, his every move is surrounded by bated breath, in anticipation of his next 'wonder pass' or cross.

As I said, it's the weight of expectation. It's sad to see players affected by injuries, getting older, slowing down, and not quite reaching past heights. It happens to all of them. Some adapt their game and get a few more seasons at top level, some just drift slowly out of the game.

KDB is a clever player. Like David Silva, he will adapt his game to maximise his career. His problem will be adapting to fit into the current starting 11. At present, he would be second choice in every midfield berth imo.

Love him but if somebody offered close to 100m for him I’d snap their hands off. I fear we are going to see a pale imitation of the KDB we’ve been used to going forward over the next season or two.

Love him but if somebody offered close to 100m for him I’d snap their hands off. I fear we are going to see a pale imitation of the KDB we’ve been used to going forward over the next season or two.
Not sure of your logic. If you believe he has become a pale imitation, then I'm sure top scouts can too. If that is the Ase, no one will offer that kind of money.

Appreciate it is just fan chatter though

Not sure of your logic. If you believe he has become a pale imitation, then I'm sure top scouts can too. If that is the Ase, no one will offer that kind of money.

Appreciate it is just fan chatter though
My logic is simple, he’s still seen as a fantastic player who has just had a couple of injuries but will soon be back to his best and therefore worth big money still.
Personally I think we’ve seen the best of him already and won’t ever have that version of him back on a regular basis so would cash in.
It’s an opinion. Others are welcome.

My logic is simple, he’s still seen as a fantastic player who has just had a couple of injuries but will soon be back to his best and therefore worth big money still.
Personally I think we’ve seen the best of him already and won’t ever have that version of him back on a regular basis so would cash in.
It’s an opinion. Others are welcome.
Still doesn't make sense, but it's not a biggy

This coming from someone who thinks Stones is a world class defender. Totally confirms what I've suspected all along. Your knowledge of football is dog shit!

Still doesn't make sense, but it's not a biggy
What doesn’t make sense? I personally feel we’ve seen the best of him whilst others think he’ll come back from his latest injury and be back to the mesmerising Kev we know. Therefore personally I’d cash in.
What doesn’t make sense to you about that? It’s perfect logic from my point of view and as an added bonus if he gets back to where he was then I’ll still be thrilled because well, who doesn’t want to see him back to his best.

What doesn’t make sense? I personally feel we’ve seen the best of him whilst others think he’ll come back from his latest injury and be back to the mesmerising Kev we know. Therefore personally I’d cash in.
What doesn’t make sense to you about that? It’s perfect logic from my point of view and as an added bonus if he gets back to where he was then I’ll still be thrilled because well, who doesn’t want to see him back to his best.
Don't sweat in it.
On one hand you are saying you think we have seen the best if him, yet any perspective buyer will believe he will regain his form and will offer big money

Why won't perspective buyers share your view?

Don't sweat in it.
On one hand you are saying you think we have seen the best if him, yet any perspective buyer will believe he will regain his form and will offer big money

Why won't perspective buyers share your view?
Because it’s not a certainty. It’s a personal feeling that could turn out to be wrong.
Not up for one of your long arse pedantic discussions you like so much so that’s your lot.

Because it’s not a certainty. It’s a personal feeling that could turn out to be wrong.
Not up for one of your long arse pedantic discussions you like so much so that’s your lot.
Lol, you are a sensitive soul. I did reply at the outset saying I understand it was just fan talk and in the next post saying it wasn't a biggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.