Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

You're absolutely right. Charging £60 a ticket is pushing games far beyond a large number of people and is it really £30 for kids? That's a once a season treat, not building up a regular attendance.

I paid £42 for my 14-year-old for Norwich in SS2 and £52 for my OAP dad.

For Arsenal, I was £60, lad £42 and dad £52.

The club should be offering a service to schools in Manchester and Trafford where kids and parents can buy discounted tickets directly from the school a week prior to games, with any unsold going back for resale five days beforehand.

I'll tell you now, it would do a roaring trade.

Better than giving thirty free fucking tickets away to a school to fill seats for a League Cup no mark opponent.

The club should be offering a service to schools in Manchester and Trafford where kids and parents can buy tickets directly from the school a week prior to games, with any unsold going back for resale five days beforehand.

Better than giving thirty free fucking tickets away to a school to fill seats for a League Cup no mark opponent.
That's a good idea, those prices for child and OAP are scary.

The club should be offering a service to schools in Manchester and Trafford where kids and parents can buy discounted tickets directly from the school a week prior to games, with any unsold going back for resale five days beforehand.

It’s almost unbelievable!

All we’re doing is going to watch the football team we support. We aren’t doing anything differently to Norwich or Northwich fans, and everyone in between.

Most of our support is from around Greater Manchester, many living in poorer inner-city areas, with very few of the out-of-town/country visitors who’ll come and take up the slack when the regulars are priced out, like United and Liverpool have.

Price out these people when we don’t have the fan demographic to replace them and we’ll forever have empty seats and a poor atmosphere.

How do we even go about raising the issue of ticket pricing to the club?
It would be a waste of time trying.

Over 52k people parted with daft amounts of money to reserve a seat at today's match. Some of them (more than most of us would probably like to think) didn't even bother going to the match.

Logic tells us that as long as people are prepared to pay the prices charged by the club, the club will continue to charge those prices.

Corporate greed tells us that the club will increase prices whenever they they think they can get away with it.

Similarly, we'll always have empty seats at home games as long as people can afford/are happy to effectively throw money away.

When the Super League arrives (which it will sooner rather than later) we'll probably look back on today's prices as being 'reasonable'.

Clubs don't care one bit about fans beyond legal safety obligations. Don’t expect any PL club to reduce prices voluntarily.

Over 52k people parted with daft amounts of money to reserve a seat at today's match. Some of them (more than most of us would probably like to think) didn't even bother going to the match.

Logic tells us that as long as people are prepared to pay the prices charged by the club, the club will continue to charge those prices.

Corporate greed tells us that the club will increase prices whenever they they think they can get away with it.

Similarly, we'll always have empty seats at home games as long as people can afford/are happy to effectively throw money away.

When the Super League arrives (which it will sooner rather than later) we'll probably look back on today's prices as being 'reasonable'.

Clubs don't care one bit about fans beyond legal safety obligations. Don’t expect any PL club to reduce prices voluntarily.
I don’t agree with that first point at all. It wouldn’t be a waste of time. Without the fans the club would be nothing. We can make all the difference. Lots of our fans don’t seem to realise that

your telling me if city fans started to mass protest or the ground was half empty they club wouldn’t be bothered?

Agree with lots of posts that ticket prices are too high for children. I can only do it with my two boys a couple of times a year as I live 350 miles away.

But to be fair to the club the last match I had tickets for - Burnley - we couldn’t attend as my children tested positive for Covid-19. I got a full refund v quickly even though the positive tests were only the day before the game and unlikely the club could shift the seats. The club impressed with the way they handled it. I suspect lots of the empty seats today are for a similar reason and many supporters won’t be throwing money away as you say.

I don’t agree with that first point at all. It wouldn’t be a waste of time. Without the fans the club would be nothing. We can make all the difference. Lots of our fans don’t seem to realise that

your telling me if city fans started to mass protest or the ground was half empty they club wouldn’t be bothered?
"Swales out"

Regardless of the exorbitant match day ticket prices (thankfully I pay FOC SC rate) a game like today's was never going to be a cauldron of noise. The early Saturday KO is traditionally a graveyard and the fact that it was extremely dull overall meant that the away support would always dominate.

I'm in SS3 & it is pretty much self-contained in there as we can't see or hear anything from lower levels but I'd ask the question if the extended rail seating has made any difference overall? From my perspective I'd say not one iota of difference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.