Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

the club are indifferent to our match going fans and looking at this thread a lot believe they dont even care , Pep can moan about attendances and atmosphere all he wants , but perhaps he should ask is paymasters the reasons , because its blatantly clear its down to costs. Luckily i have attended games during a period where watching a match was well within my means and tickets easily accessible, it isnt true now , Premier league football is not a working class game anymore many of our fans have to pick and choose their games.
The club is now coming acroos as money motivated and uncaring and i never thought i would make that statement about our club.

I don’t agree with that first point at all. It wouldn’t be a waste of time. Without the fans the club would be nothing. We can make all the difference. Lots of our fans don’t seem to realise that

your telling me if city fans started to mass protest or the ground was half empty they club wouldn’t be bothered?
If the ground was half empty, we'd probably be in division one. Won't happen again in my lifetime, not a chance.

As for mass protest... This is 2021 not 1964. You'd have to be a great thrower to smash a window at the Etihad. You'd be lucky to get 500 people to actually protest, and the club would probably charge them £10 each to get past the security fence.

Neither are at all likely to happen. High prices are here to stay.

I'd love to see what the reaction would be if someone shouted 'Khaldoon out' or 'Mansour out'.
I reckon Khaldoon's goons would have them in the canal within 5 minutes.
Khaldoon can sleep well. There’d be enough level-headed folk to shovel ten tonnes of shite on their heads to make sure they’ve been fully interred.

I'd love to see what the reaction would be if someone shouted 'Khaldoon out' or 'Mansour out'.
I reckon Khaldoon's goons would have them in the canal within 5 minutes.
There’s the problem. Nobody would shout it. You’d get branded an ungrateful bastard. This is possibly the greatest team in the history of English football but at what cost?

I didn't go today because I was working.

TBH I didn't miss going.

I didn't miss much.

As for ticket prices.

Mansour, Khaldoon, Soriano & Co gave up caring a long time ago about the fans. Damning, but true!

TV money, prize money, and sponsorship money negate over priced empty matchday seats.

Reactions: PPT
There’s the problem. Nobody would shout it. You’d get branded an ungrateful bastard. This is possibly the greatest team in the history of English football but at what cost?
Oh how I long for the good old days when swales was running the show

Following up an earlier poster mentioning the cost of a ticket at LFC.I was under the illusion that every premier league club was taking the piss.

I’ve had a look and I’m surprised we’re not competing with the prices charged by other clubs with a similar supporter background i.e not a London club. Liverpool have a much more tailored ticket price policy and £9 for children, Everton and Newcastle similar. Cheapest premier league match tickets for us that I can spot is £22 in the family stand v Brentford.

I know we play the most beautiful football and we win, so that will naturally mean higher demand for seats, but that success and beauty doesn’t put money in the pockets of long standing or natural supporters. How hard a hit would it be to the club to have set ticket prices of £12 for U11s, £15 for U16s, and £20 for U21s. I know it’d have a knock on effect on season card prices, but it’s a long term investment in the supporters of the future.

It makes me feel sick to have a moan about the club I love, but my eyes have been opened by the prices other clubs charge children, young adults.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.