Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few weeks ago I do recall SAGE predicting we’d be hitting 100k cases and this was dismissed as ‘scaremongering’ - I do get some of their predictions seem way off the mark but not always.

My booster has hit me like a truck.

Started feeling a bit iffy at around 8 last night and though the night got worse.

Banging headache and chills and feeling really achy and also really dehydrated. But the worse thing is the tiredness. It's an absolute chore to to do anything, even walking to the bathroom or typing this.

Anyone had these symptoms? Going back to bed soon to see if I can get some sleep and try and get up for the match
I played golf the day after my booster and got progressively weaker as the round went on, bit of a headache, forward 24 hours after a few apre golf beers and I was fully recovered. Hopefully you’ll be fine by tomorrow, small price to pay.

I would be interested in knowing why they are not wanting the jab

Ah thats an easy family fortunes question.

Top answer. Boris has funny hair
2. Its all a hoax
3. The vaccine has a 5g liquid chip so "they" can track you(pretty much like the one in your phone)
4.nobody knows what in the different makes of vaccine
5.the window cleaner has a mate whose mate worked at a place where a guy got covid and had nothing wrong with him
6. Not going to be a sheep
7. My body I will do what I want with it
8. Nobody dies from it they just say the people that die from an ingrowing toenail did
9.Im fit and healthy it wont kill me if I get the killer virus
10. Fuck Boris I will do what I want

2. Its all a hoax
3. The vaccine has a 5g liquid chip so "they" can track you(pretty much like the one in your phone)
5.the window cleaner has a mate whose mate worked at a place where a guy got covid and had nothing wrong with him
8. Nobody dies from it they just say the people that die from an ingrowing toenail did
Very helpful

Apologies if been asked and answered.

I don't understand if the majority of people have been vaccinated and also boosted why is there talk of a 2 week lockdown?? Yes people may test positive and of course you can still catch it but i thought that hospitalisations was the key in what we did, as long as people testing positive are able to fight it off without hospitalistion why oh why do we seem to be taking about 3 steps backwards at the moment.

2. Its all a hoax
Cheers Gaz

Apologies if been asked and answered.

I don't understand if the majority of people have been vaccinated and also boosted why is there talk of a 2 week lockdown?? Yes people may test positive and of course you can still catch it but i thought that hospitalisations was the key in what we did, as long as people testing positive are able to fight it off without hospitalistion why oh why do we seem to be taking about 3 steps backwards at the moment.

I presume they worried about hospital admissions and a two week lock down slows the Admissions down.

I feel by now the experts will know just how serious this is likely to be. The error bars and confidence intervals on wildly differing predictions must be coming down by now. What is the live data saying in regards to the scale of the peak we might expect, and the extent of serious illness that will generate over a short time period?

What would bother me if I was a Public Health administrator is that my resources and capacity to deal with this will be hampered by lack of staff, and that although the illness will be very mild in most, the peak is going to be almost needle-like, and significantly high so that inevitably there will be a wave of very sick people all requiring attention over a week rather than 6 weeks, and then it will collapse. But for that week, what do you do?

Is there are way of slowing this down? If you do, you have to lock down hard and fast and now, and vaccinate like crazy, and publicise it a lot more than present. I'd also do it smart by identifying the at risk groups. We aren't doing that. There are old and sick people who haven't been boosted because we are just concentrating on numbers at the moment. The old and sick can't go to a walk-in clinic and wait for 2 hours, and they aren't likely to make an appointment online. And their GP surgery is too over-worked to chase them up. Not all have attentive grand-children to look after them. You need teams of health professionals sitting down and finding them otherwise in 3 weeks those people will likely be the ones who are seriously ill. The one thing about Covid is that it doesn't strike at random

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.