Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on, those green colours with red epaulettes with Walter Swinburn on board, majestic horse that turned the Derby into a procession. Tragically Walter died aged 57, fell through a window to his death and as most know Shergar was Horseknapped never to be found, most likely theory he was taken by the IRA to sell on as a Stallion, would have been impossible due to the rules and regulations on breeding so probably killed and disposed of.
I just had a thought about the first jockey I really remembered liking Greville Starkey and I was thinking he rode in what I used to call the Henry Cecil colours but of course, they were Prince Khalid's really, green, white sleeves and the pink sash and cap, so we can now add Saudi Arabia to the list.

So all in all it is only football that has a problem with erm sports washing it seems.

How long does it take to Google someone’s identity? A few seconds, and she waffles on about signing off, layers of identity checks, etc. Wtf, her excuse is as lame as UEFA’s doing the CL draw.
Not like they haven’t used Sheikh Mansour’s real picture before

067BEF01-FB48-4B78-AB8B-0FF8BDA9443B.jpeg

and what’s this? Seems they made the same error back in 2018 in a typically sniping article written by Conn

DE9B3401-508B-4F98-9BA4-3E6742D3847F.jpeg

Concerted, Conniving, Cartel

Martin Samuel in The Mail, 16/12/21 is absolutely right.

The Etihad sponsorship has proved to be one of the best value investments ever. Now everyone has heard of Etihad Airlines and its profile is significant. The primary purpose of any sponsorship deal has been fulfilled. The value over 10 years well exceeds the original investment and would cost much more now.

Yet, those at Arsenal, United and Liverpool, the American redtops, formed a concerted, conniving, cartel .This cartel has been exposed many times. Their vested interests were paramount in the appointment of the Premier League`s CEO who embarked on an investigation into City instigated by those most in fear of the impact of increased competition on their positions.

The redtops significant influence over football governance and the media is the problem, not Newcastle, and certainly not the beautiful football of City.

I just had a thought about the first jockey I really remembered liking Greville Starkey and I was thinking he rode in what I used to call the Henry Cecil colours but of course, they were Prince Khalid's really, green, white sleeves and the pink sash and cap, so we can now add Saudi Arabia to the list.

So all in all it is only football that has a problem with erm sports washing it seems.
Yep, one of my favourite Racehorses Dancing Brave in those colours but trained by Guy Harwood going back a few years ago. Ridden by Greville Starkey in the Derby (poor ride) he was jocked off later in the season when Pat Eddery took over and won the Arc in Paris. Sadly the owner, both jockeys and the horse itself are all dead. I didn’t know until he died but Pat Eddery was an alcoholic, the booze killed him.

Concerted, Conniving, Cartel

Martin Samuel in The Mail, 16/12/21 is absolutely right.

The Etihad sponsorship has proved to be one of the best value investments ever. Now everyone has heard of Etihad Airlines and its profile is significant. The primary purpose of any sponsorship deal has been fulfilled. The value over 10 years well exceeds the original investment and would cost much more now.

Yet, those at Arsenal, United and Liverpool, the American redtops, formed a concerted, conniving, cartel .This cartel has been exposed many times. Their vested interests were paramount in the appointment of the Premier League`s CEO who embarked on an investigation into City instigated by those most in fear of the impact of increased competition on their positions.

The redtops significant influence over football governance and the media is the problem, not Newcastle, and certainly not the beautiful football of City.
I really do wish Samual would go to a better paper, I refuse to click on the mail nowadays, he is by far the best football writer out there.

Who the fuck is this whopper?

Getting rightly called out by City fans

He's a Billy Nomates , posting shit like this just to ingratiate Rags & Dippers , obviously has a self esteem issue ad needs help , if he needs anyone to kick away the chair i will be at the front of the queue to put him out of his misery.

Not true really mate, the BHA apply the rules to a fault, and it’s backed up in the horse racing media. The Aga Khan had a horse disqualified from first place in the Oaks, late 80s/early 90s for failing a drug test. Drug tests in sport weren’t the most reliable at the time and the Aga Khan appealed the decision but the authorities wouldn’t budge; it led to him pulling his horses from British racing and basing them mainly in France, and to a lesser extent, Ireland. Obviously this led to loss of prestige for British racing.

Similarly, about 10 years ago, Encke who won the St. Leger, was disqualified for Sheikh Mohammed as were many of his other horses after a doping scandal at one of his trainers’ stables. Fortunately, he kept his horses in training, or the effects on the sport in this country would have been catastrophic.

I think the difference between the horse racing media and authorities and football, is that the former will blindly apply the rules to anyone, regardless of stature. Football already had an established elite with the likes of The Edwards and the Moores ‘dynasties’ who did very nicely out of football and their buyers expected the same dominance. Fuck em. If they pull their ‘investment’, and I use the term loosely, they’ll be replaced.
You’re right, it’s the BHA now, I worked for three companies for nigh on 30 years in the Racing Industry and I’ve just had to Google to check the BHB is no more. I don’t follow racing as as much as I used to do, read the Sporting Life and Chronicle everyday (subsequently RP) even down to the Breeding section of the Life, been to loads of Racecourse’s and met quite a few famous people in the industry. Now, it’s down to just the odd bet on a Saturday, never more than a tenner, had a decent day yesterday but cashing out on the football cost me £20.

Attachments

• 11126CF4-DB73-4CFC-9297-FB1FA3126D8C.png
    11126CF4-DB73-4CFC-9297-FB1FA3126D8C.png
    245.3 KB · Views: 34
Yep, one of my favourite Racehorses Dancing Brave in those colours but trained by Guy Harwood going back a few years ago. Ridden by Greville Starkey in the Derby (poor ride) he was jocked off later in the season when Pat Eddery took over and won the Arc in Paris. Sadly the owner, both jockeys and the horse itself are all dead. I didn’t know until he died but Pat Eddery was an alcoholic, the booze killed him.
I think back then a lot of Jockeys had a problem, maybe still a lot of them do, it must be hard starving yourself on a daily basis to ride those low weights.

I do remember the furore about Dancing Brave's Derby run, GS held him up, I believe there were doubts about him staying possibly? So dropped him out to help him see out the trip but he was absolutely eating the ground up at the end, I don't think Starkey really recovered from that 'error'

It has to be said it takes some doing to win a Guineas and an Arc in the same season.

He's a Billy Nomates , posting shit like this just to ingratiate Rags & Dippers , obviously has a self esteem issue ad needs help , if he needs anyone to kick away the chair i will be at the front of the queue to put him out of his misery.
The reason everybody should just delete twitter, it is full of these wankers who think they are something because of a blue fucking tick, which is quite ironic really, I bet they'd so love a red one.

Zt0MkAa.png

It's so weird to be specific about Newcastle's ownership for sarcastic reasons, while also getting City's ownership completely wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.