Leeds Thread - 2021/22

Footballs changed . It was a lot easier when we were down there than now or a when Leeds we’re there . I’d say Leeds fan base is on par with us which a lot will disagree with .

So, do you prefer to be called Paul, or David ?

Been some obvious criticism about Bielsa over the last 24 hours so feel the need to address this. Before Bielsa came we were an absolute shambles of a team and a club, spending a decade with a number of the worst owners in English Football history, from Ken Bates threatening to liquidate us, "saving" us and then chronically neglecting team investment whilst selling better players for peanuts and going to verbal war with Leeds fans, to an Arab investment bank with no money and no clue, to an Italian nut job making decisions on the influence of Cocaine. On the Pitch we had finished 14th, 13th, 15th, 15th, 13th, 7th and 13th in the Championship with a number of shite players a few of which would even refuse to play at times. Bielsa comes in and with just 2 additions takes that 13th place team to 3rd in his first season. In his 2nd season he loses Jansson, Saiz and Roofe whilst bringing in Costa and White on loan and wins us the league by 10 points. Yes we then spent on a few players 1st season up but the core of the squad remained the Championship players he took over. Many of them had the best season of their careers and we finished 9th with 59 points. This season for me is his first "bad" season at Leeds where I feel he has made a few tactical and selection mistakes, but at the same time we currently have the whole spine of the team out injured, have suffered an injury crisis all season and are still currently above the drop zone. Yes you could argue Bielsa may have been overrated by some Leeds fans and sections of the media, but to pretend he's done anything but a remarkable job at my club sorry is just something I cannot accept.

Bielsa has been fantastic for your club. I love the guy.
Unlike many of the bluemooners I have always had an admiration for Leeds and its supporters.
I loved the battles in the 70s, and can't wait to visit Elland rd again, will bring back many memories.
My first was a cup game , possibly 66, we lost but showed we were on the way up, and we were.

Been some obvious criticism about Bielsa over the last 24 hours so feel the need to address this. Before Bielsa came we were an absolute shambles of a team and a club, spending a decade with a number of the worst owners in English Football history, from Ken Bates threatening to liquidate us, "saving" us and then chronically neglecting team investment whilst selling better players for peanuts and going to verbal war with Leeds fans, to an Arab investment bank with no money and no clue, to an Italian nut job making decisions on the influence of Cocaine. On the Pitch we had finished 14th, 13th, 15th, 15th, 13th, 7th and 13th in the Championship with a number of shite players a few of which would even refuse to play at times. Bielsa comes in and with just 2 additions takes that 13th place team to 3rd in his first season. In his 2nd season he loses Jansson, Saiz and Roofe whilst bringing in Costa and White on loan and wins us the league by 10 points. Yes we then spent on a few players 1st season up but the core of the squad remained the Championship players he took over. Many of them had the best season of their careers and we finished 9th with 59 points. This season for me is his first "bad" season at Leeds where I feel he has made a few tactical and selection mistakes, but at the same time we currently have the whole spine of the team out injured, have suffered an injury crisis all season and are still currently above the drop zone. Yes you could argue Bielsa may have been overrated by some Leeds fans and sections of the media, but to pretend he's done anything but a remarkable job at my club sorry is just something I cannot accept.
211593DB-119E-41AF-B247-B5CAF84EAD06.jpeg

Bielsa has been fantastic for your club. I love the guy.
Unlike many of the bluemooners I have always had an admiration for Leeds and its supporters.
I loved the battles in the 70s, and can't wait to visit Elland rd again, will bring back many memories.
My first was a cup game , possibly 66, we lost but showed we were on the way up, and we were.
Was that the game when Sir Joe and Big Mal sent the boys out to attack, and found a new style of play?

Cmon fella you can’t say Leeds don’t get the crowds . If there capacity was over 55000 they would get that no problem and there away support is massive aswell . We battered them last night but they have massive support .
Up until the early 80s their stadium had a capacity of 50,000 plus but not once did they average over 40,000. I think their away support has been brilliant over the years. I remember them getting 12000 at home and taking 6000 away which is impressive in many ways. Their home support is a bit of a myth. They get up for the biggest matches, the same as all other fans. Elland Road was very noisy in the 70s though, a cauldron of hate.

Was that the game when Sir Joe and Big Mal sent the boys out to attack, and found a new style of play?
I was 5 or 6, we lost 1 0, division 2 at the time, Leeds were div 1.65 /66 probably my first year of going regularly.
All I remember is that my dad said we were the better team, and I think that was the media consensus.
Wouldn't be now.

Leeds had a hell of a team in the 60s early 70s but if Revie had have been braver they would have won a lot more ........... he even said that to Trevor Cherry.
I mean for all there dirty Leeds brand they did have some very good footballers in there

Leeds had a hell of a team in the 60s early 70s but if Revie had have been braver they would have won a lot more ........... he even said that to Trevor Cherry.
I mean for all there dirty Leeds brand they did have some very good footballers in there
They were great to watch but if my memory serves me right they lost quite a few finals due to bottling it big time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.