Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
We wouldn't be losing out, we would be walking away.

An important distinction.

Haaland would be the one losing out from a footballing ambition perspective.
that sounds like PR speak to me...

If we dont land him we lose out on getting a generational talent...end of....

It wont be the end of the world but if he was to go to another prem club then (esp one of Chelsea or Liverpool) then it just improves either of those two teams immensely ..

Only after they had fallen out and Toure further damaged his relationship with City by accusing Pep of having a problem with African players.

Toure, like Tevez before him, are the cash cows, the agents do nothing without their say so.
So are you saying that Toure was saying telling his agent to say stuff then basically changed his mind and told him to shut up....?

I beleive while i get what you are saying about the cash cows, people like Raiola and a few others are pretty much laws unto themselves...look what Raiola said about Pep previously.....some of that while supporting his client (Ibrahimovic at the time??) also sounded very personal.

How on God's green earth have you come to the conclusion that Liverpool, Chelsea or Man united are more likely destinations for Haaland than City? I cannot envisage any situation that he goes to any of those three clubs. Chelsea don't need him, Liverpool can't afford him and United aren't good enough for him.

We flexed our financial muscle this summer when we broke the transfer record.
Only for the reason is that they will spend the money...based on nothing else......

On footballing basis it would seem that (even without blue tinted specs) we are clearly his best option...but those others ...Utd and Chelsea esp, have shown in the past that they will go and put more money on the table to get what they want...they did it with Sanchez and Maguire both who could have ended up with us.
I also said in my post he wouldnt go to a team without CL....ie utd are the ones there....Liverpool and Chelsea unless something goes spectacularly wrong will get CL

We only broke the transfer record because of a buy out clause in a legally binding contract...we dont do it to outbid other teams....huge difference.

that sounds like PR speak to me...

If we dont land him we lose out on getting a generational talent...end of....

It wont be the end of the world but if he was to go to another prem club then (esp one of Chelsea or Liverpool) then it just improves either of those two teams immensely ..
We’ve been told that about a whole list of players over the years. none of them not coming stopped us winning stuff. As much as I’d like him, as good as he is ,this wouldn’t either. Bexuae in the end it’s a team game.

We’ve been told that about a whole list of players over the years. none of them not coming stopped us winning stuff. As much as I’d like him, as good as he is ,this wouldn’t either. Bexuae in the end it’s a team game.
Oh i agree......but the bit you are missing is that him going to Chelsea for instance or liverpool makes then even stronger.....one of that front 3/4 from liverpool will go eventually. ...Salah aint signed a new contract yet!

I think it’s time for him to decide what he wants to do. With us potentially going for Vlahovic time is running out for him if he wants City. He and his agent will know this and affectively have to make a decision. If he does want City I think we will know mid Jan. Otherwise the first we will hear is that Vlahovic is joining us

Oh i agree......but the bit you are missing is that him going to Chelsea for instance or liverpool makes then even stronger.....one of that front 3/4 from liverpool will go eventually. ...Salah aint signed a new contract yet!
I doubt he’ll go to either of those, think if he comes to the premier league it would be us, but lets say we bought Vlahovic and Haaland went to Chelsea or replaced Salah at Liverpool.I still think we’d be a better team than either of them

This. Sometimes I forget, because of wanting a player to sign, just how much of a draw we are to players. We’re at the very summit of European football with the best manager, facilities and prospects of consistently challenging.

If a player turns that down then more fool him.

Especially one with the clearest pathway to stardom as Haaland does. He’d literally have no competition for the spot in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.