City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

I think you're all forgetting. Once Pep has gone, once the record breaking, b2b titles, CL finals, ruining utd/lfc, once we're not as dominant as we are now,. all the FFP stuff goes away.

I dont even think Newcastle will get it as bad. They will compete with the red/history clubs, they might even win a title or two but they're never going to achieve what we have, they're no threat, and neither were City until Pep made the club what it is right now.

And right now, if it were not for City Liverpool would be the dominant force in football for the last/next 10 years and we've fucked that up for lfc, for the PL sales, for Sky TV, for the media in general. In fact once City lose this dominance its clear the media are going to install utd/lfc/arsenal as PL champions for a generation like they did with Utd... Because its good for the product. I might even give up on football once we're back to being like the spanish and german leagues of two teams winning it every year.

I think you're all forgetting. Once Pep has gone, once the record breaking, b2b titles, CL finals, ruining utd/lfc, once we're not as dominant as we are now,. all the FFP stuff goes away.

I dont even think Newcastle will get it as bad. They will compete with the red/history clubs, they might even win a title or two but they're never going to achieve what we have, they're no threat, and neither were City until Pep made the club what it is right now.

And right now, if it were not for City Liverpool would be the dominant force in football for the last/next 10 years and we've fucked that up for lfc, for the PL sales, for Sky TV, for the media in general. In fact once City lose this dominance its clear the media are going to install utd/lfc/arsenal as PL champions for a generation like they did with Utd... Because its good for the product. I might even give up on football once we're back to being like the spanish and german leagues of two teams winning it every year.
Thing is, if Newcastle win a title or two, and we continue to win a title or two, and Chelsea continue to win a title or two, then the cartel are still greatly impacted

When pep does decide to part company do you really think we will go back to the dark days? Not a chance in hell our owners would stand for mediocrity. We are here for the long term. Don’t forget Mancini got the ball rolling then pellars kept the momentum going till pep rocked up and there will be another manager that will be instructed to play the city way. So all’s rosy in the garden blues.
Now if you’ll excuse me I’m going back to my beer.

When pep does decide to part company do you really think we will go back to the dark days? Not a chance in hell our owners would stand for mediocrity. We are here for the long term. Don’t forget Mancini got the ball rolling then pellars kept the momentum going till pep rocked up and there will be another manager that will be instructed to play the city way. So all’s rosy in the garden blues.
Now if you’ll excuse me I’m going back to my beer.
I dont consider 2008-2015 dark days. And I did say b2b titles and setting records etc would not be happening under someone else unless that someone else is very very good. As good as Pep.

Human rights, shit in the media, FFP it all started in 2015 for City, none of it mattered before that as much.

I dont consider 2008-2015 dark days. And I did say b2b titles and setting records etc would not be happening under someone else unless that someone else is very very good. As good as Pep.

Human rights, shit in the media, FFP it all started in 2015 for City, none of it mattered before that as much.
Sorry mate meant all the years before we were taken over.

And still the deafening silence about the financial malfeasance at standard chartered bank.
I've just been reading the recent press articles regarding the Bank of England's decision to impose a record fine on Standard Chartered for (a) its misreporting of its liquidity in recent years and (b) its non-cooperation with Financial Authorities when being investigated by said Authorities.

Apparently, Standard Chartered qualified for a 33% discount off the original fine (£66M) because it eventually copped a plea, resulting in a fine payment of £46M for its malfeasance.

I tell you what.. I'm SO glad that City and the wider football family has nothing to do with this shower of financial herberts! Can you imagine if the likes of Standard Chartered was a sponsor of our club, say, with its tawdry name emblazoned across our shirts? We'd never hear the last of it, what with front/back page press articles pointing the finger at us and sly mentions about our 'venality' shoehorned into other stories at every opportunity!

Let's hope City and our chums at other clubs in the football family continue to keep the likes of Standard Chartered and its grubby financial practices well away from our game and that all our English clubs remain unsullied by association with such discredited companies!

Now we are back at the top of the league i am expecting another airing of this subject over the next few weeks , they have tried Miss Whiplash in the Sun but couldnt name names so its a load of bullshit , some twat at the newspaper paid some slag to wear a City shirt and lie for few grand . Then there is Phil & Jack on a night out on the piss that will keep them busy for a few days , but fully expect the FFP malarkey to be resurrected just in time for the Chelski home game

I've just been reading the recent press articles regarding the Bank of England's decision to impose a record fine on Standard Chartered for (a) its misreporting of its liquidity in recent years and (b) its non-cooperation with Financial Authorities when being investigated by said Authorities.

Apparently, Standard Chartered qualified for a 33% discount off the original fine (£66M) because it eventually copped a plea, resulting in a fine payment of £46M for its malfeasance.

I tell you what.. I'm SO glad that City and the wider football family has nothing to do with this shower of financial herberts! Can you imagine if the likes of Standard Chartered was a sponsor of our club, say, with its tawdry name emblazoned across our shirts? We'd never hear the last of it, what with front/back page press articles pointing the finger at us and sly mentions about our 'venality' shoehorned into other stories at every opportunity!

Let's hope City and our chums at other clubs in the football family continue to keep the likes of Standard Chartered and its grubby financial practices well away from our game and that all our English clubs remain unsullied by association with such discredited companies!

City should propose a fit and proper sponsor test. See how that flies :)

Seems the PL have come up with a scheme to review sponsorships.

Anything over £1m has to be reviewed by the PL, who can pass it to an "independent panel" for assessment if they feel it warrants it.

The new regulations state the league will judge an associated party on “the substance of the relationship” rather than only the legal form of the relationship.

This includes “material influence over the club or an entity in the same group of companies” and where the club is “directly or indirectly controlled, jointly controlled, or materially influenced by the same government, public or state-funded body or by the same party”.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.