Leicester City (H) - Post-Match Thread

The 3 goals 15 mins was directly due to the fact Gunda, Kev and Bernie stopped working and closing down and decided to have a breather and pass it sideways and backwards. You could probably see it much more obviously in the ground as TV doesn't pick that sort of thing up. (not having a go at the TV watchers btw) As soon as the Leicester 3rd went in there was a distinct change in tempo and the rest of the game showed that. Dias was also one booking away from a suspension and that really showed as he was put under pressure for a while. Pep's worked out a way to stop teams countering us and it's genius, but we stopped for 15 mins and that's what can happen. I think it'll work in our favour for the rest of the season as Pep with remind them of that about 15 times a day from now on I recon haha

We need a back up DM more than we need a first choice striker. Much more of a priority for me. A serious Rodri injury can be damaging enough to leave us trophyless. An injury in attack and we can cope actually very easily, as the injury to Ferran has shown us. At the time, he was chipping in with goals and it felt like a blow to lose him. It wasn’t. But losing Rodri for a while would be a disaster.
Try Stones in that position.

My favourite ever player Fernandinho is having his “last season Yaya” moment. Absolutely miles off it in his defensive work and work rate today. Sad for me to watch.

Bizarre 20 minute period aside we were well worth the 3 points.

That was fun though, we won, and three more goals to the good. It is meant to be fun, and we are on top half-way through.

We defended just as poorly in the first half, but Leicester didn’t take their chances. We were all over the place defensively today.
In the first half they only attacked with one or two players as they were pinned back by our running and closing down - I never felt that worried in the first half and they never really looked like scoring even though they got near the goal - apart from the free kick. In the second Bernie, Kev and Gundo lost their energy and let runners past them so they were much more dangerous. We sorted it in the end though so happy days :)))

Utter shite
Look pal, this is an open forum for opinion, you can agree or disagree; you can praise or slag off other blues if you wish; you can express yourselves with eloquent words or behave like an illiterate baboon. It is up to you, well done being the latter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.