Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if there’s any point to the booster if you’ve already had Omicron and effectively boosted your immunity to Delta anyway?

Not entirely sure what the ‘right questions’ were two years ago for a new virus with unknown effects. Could have given Mystic Meg a call I suppose.
He simply means the question is not “how many cases” or “how many in hospital that have tested positive for covid” but rather “how many are in hospital because of covid” is the right/important question.

Joking aside, that’s why I’m not arsed about having had delta and omicron, makes me feel more confident about the future.
Your immunity:
Super Power GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Does anyone know if there’s any point to the booster if you’ve already had Omicron and effectively boosted your immunity to Delta anyway?

Personally you should be covered for at least 3 months then get one. They say though you can’t have a Covid jab till at least a month after having Covid.

He simply means the question is not “how many cases” or “how many in hospital that have tested positive for covid” but rather “how many are in hospital because of covid” is the right/important question.

Tricky one. Someone has Covid, but also has underlying conditions, so how has Covid impacted on those underlying conditions given the virus is new and no one is certain exactly how it impacts the body etc. Lots of questions, but little hard data and few answers.

I also remember the impact in the early days on countries like Italy where in some areas they were unprepared for it and overwhelmed. It was only a couple of years ago, everyone was panicking and countries in Europe were transporting patients across borders as they were running out of beds, ventilators and PPE.

Things are way better now. We have two years or so of data, are much better prepared in how we deal with Covid and the new variants, we have vaccines, mask wearing is more prevalent and it looks like the virus is entering a new stage where we can live with it similar to flu.

Now we can assess the situation more clearly, ask the right questions, examine where we went right and where we went wrong, but early on, no one had a bleeding clue.

Not entirely sure what the ‘right questions’ were two years ago for a new virus with unknown effects. Could have given Mystic Meg a call I suppose.

Easy Bob.

Admitted with covid or caught in hospital?

Died of covid or with Covid?

Average age of those who have died?

Other co morbidities a factor causing death?

It’s the kind of detail those wanting to lockdown society should have and they should be open with that detail to the public.

Super immunity apparently. Even better than a booster. I've gone down this same route and in all likelihood I won't get the booster now. Just don't see the point.

Easy Bob.

Admitted with covid or caught in hospital?

Died of covid or with Covid?

Average age of those who have died?

Other co morbidities a factor causing death?

It’s the kind of detail those wanting to lockdown society should have and they should be open with that detail to the public.
Not really. The questions should be designed to arrive at answers about whether the NHS can cope cope with Covid this winter. Yours don’t because even people whose hospital admissions are incidental re Covid place extra stains on hospitals, as other posters have explained.

I don’t know anyone who wants to lockdown society. However, there’s a hardcore of posters / bores on this thread who want to tell other people, who are getting on with decent quality lives, that they are living in fear.

Not really. The questions should be designed to arrive at answers about whether the NHS can cope cope with Covid this winter. Yours don’t because even people whose hospital admissions are incidental re Covid place extra stains on hospitals, as other posters have explained.

I don’t know anyone who wants to lockdown society. However, there’s a hardcore of posters / bores on this thread who want to tell other people, who are getting on with decent quality lives, that they are living in fear.

Back to can the NHS cope or not?

It’s not for the public to be locked down or restricted every year because the NHS might not cope mate.

If I’m boring you, my apologies but I’m afraid you will just have to ignore me because I won’t keep quiet just to suit you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.