The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
where the gains are being made:

View attachment 33464

which is why 2 weeks time is so key.
Yeah both the other two clubs have become something of flat track bullies this season. Liverpool have looked bad in every tough game bar two, and Chelsea have been here and there.

Probably a better thread for this...but a lot can change in a month...

Dec 2:

1641164847544.png

Jan 2:

1641164943392.png

In a month:

City P7 W7 D0 L0 GS: 24, GC: 5, GD: +19, Pts: 21/21.
Chelsea P7 W2 D4 L1 GS: 12, GC: 10, GD: +2, Pts: 10/21.
Dippers P6 W3 D2 L1 GS: 9, GC: 6, GD: +3, Pts: 11/18.

Big move, hopefully we build on it.
This past month alone could have killed the other two teams' seasons. City's worst ever form under Pep was the start of last season where we got 20/36 point, which is roughly equivalent to Liverpool's last month.

That means that if Liverpool or Chelsea pick up steam we'd have to drop to a very low historical standard for them to catch us. The only exception would be if either Liverpool or Chelsea go on a monstrous run and we dip, and even though Liverpool have done it before, they don't seem to have that capability this season.

I still maintain this is the exact reason we lost the CL match last season against you. by the time we played in the final against you we have not played a competitive meaningful game in about two months and I think that had a huge drop in our mental preparations I think.
No we lost it because for the first in a meaningful game (ie not early rounds of cups) Pep didn't start with either Rodri or Fernandinho

Anyone with concerns that the title may go to either chelsea or liverpool……

now’s they time to back them

if the worst happens ( which I doubt ) then you’ve got a good wedge coming in

The truth is that Liverpool are on course for 79 points and Chelsea for 78. Not league winning totals. City's lead is not that special, just kept going.
Get any kind of result v Sliverpool and Chelsea and the job should be done. But we need to keep team fit and firing as we have a slim squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.