United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will go one of 2 ways. Either they’ll slowly improve under Rangnick and just grind out a 4th placed finish through late Ronald’s goals, De Gea bailing them out and Fernandez penalties.

Or the players will start throwing tantrums and they could finish 8th and Rangnick never gets his consultancy gig after this season and the whole thing is a disaster.

One thing to keep an eye on is Chelsea’s form. If we beat them next, they’ll have got 20/36 points from their last 12 games.

That’s too long to be a bump in the road (a third of the season!) and it’s not close to top 4 form. Arsenal, West Ham and Spurs could catch them if they keep that form up for another month.
It's a good point about Chelsea. It's possible that if weren't for last season coming to an end that they were on a downward spiral (of sorts), and without that safety net we may be seeing it come to fruition.

I think given United's individual quality in attack, they only need to hit a certain threshold of good as a team before those players can carry them along. As you say, it'll take a really bad player reaction for things to go wrong but the dressing room doesn't seem too much a happy place right now.

Masterplan?

Couple of seasons ago I gave my lad and his mates a lift to Salford City to watch Oldham (his second team!). I managed to get a ticket in the Salford end, rather than hang around or come home and drive back

Anyway, this bellend ended up stood right next to me and for some reason latched onto me. He was in my ear the whole game and talked utter bollocks for 90-minutes. I can say with total confidence that he is definitely not a full shilling

The Christmas Fairy keeps on giving .........................
We win all festive games
Chelsea and 'pool drop points
And, the rags get beaten at home by Wolves - the team that had ONLY SCORED 13 GOALS all season.

Last week the Waikato Times had a picture of CR7 slumping off after the Newcastle game - I bet the same picture will be in tomorrow's edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.