Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've no idea how many as unless they are actually 'critical incidents' in which something totally unpredictable has happened leaving a hospital or Trust completely overwhelmed and unable to function then they are just difficult periods that have to be managed. That isn't the case in my view.

We can keep it going all night but please feel free to reply I have made my point.

Right. So you know that this is normal, based on absolutely no evidence. Got it.

You've made your point very clearly. It seems to be that you don't like the reality of the NHS declaring critical incidents, and need to hide from it, pretending that its normal, even though you've actually got no idea whatsoever if it is.

It’s a bit strange on her tonight. When Chris Hopson, a lobbyist for NHS Trusts shared a few anecdotes from Trust leaders that they were not being overwhelmed with Covid cases a number of posters treated this as the gospel that there was nothing to be concerned about.

When a few days later, the official data showed that two thirds of the surge in hospital admissions were primarily due to Covid illness, the same posters went a bit quiet. A few days later (the here and now) and more Trust leaders than Hopson had anecdotes from have announced critical incidents / given advanced warnings they their services will provide inadequate care.

I’m positive that we will soon be moving to better times but the facts show there may be a few bumps in the road in the meantime. People’s political ideologies on here won’t change that. Boris hasn’t introduced additional restrictions so many be the “freedom fighters” on here are fighting a phoney war.

Last edited:
It’s a bit strange on her tonight. When Chris Hopson, a lobbyist for NHS Trusts shared a few anecdotes from Trust leaders that they were not being overwhelmed with Covid cases a number of posters treated this as the gospel that there was nothing to be concerned about.

When a few days later, the official data showed that two thirds of the surge in hospital admissions were primarily due to Covid illness, the same posters went a bit quiet. A few days later (the here and now) and more Trust leaders than Hopson had anecdotes from have announced critical incidents / given advanced warnings they their services will provide inadequate care.

I’m positive that we will soon be moving to better times but the facts show there may be a few bumps in the road in the meantime. People’s political ideologies on here won’t change that. Boris hasn’t introduced additional restrictions so many be the “freedom fighters” on here a fighting a phoney war.

When people say "we need to live with it", they often seem to mean "I want to ignore it and hope it goes away".

"We need to keep on top of it" might be a better message.

Shouldn't we be on 3,000 deaths per day by now? How these people have any credibility left is beyond me ;)

Because thankfully there are still some people that don’t just take the media as a source of information and realised the unlikeliness of that outcome as soon as it was produced, the modellers themselves being some of them.

Because thankfully there are still some people that don’t just take the media as a source of information and realised the unlikeliness of that outcome as soon as it was produced, the modellers themselves being some of them.
They realised it was unlikely as soon as they produced it? Comedy gold ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.