United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting this here as it diverges away from the Wreck it Ralph thread...

Thankfully Utd have some deep aversion to hiring a manager who would sort stuff out. Mourinho may have done but as soon as he put his foot down the players didn't like it and the upper echelons of Utd sided with the players without blinking. Conte was available but they didn't want to know or Conte refused the conditions set.

They have so many players who enjoy the comfy life they have there to, so for the next few seasons that dynamic likely won't change. They have fostered a setup that makes it easier to just remove the manager as opposed to players.

Even if they did decide to grow a pair and tell the players they are getting sold, who is going to buy them? Nearly all of them are on far better wages than their talent merits. Wages other clubs either wouldn't or couldn't meet.

For so long they had other clubs who for some reason would buy their dross off them like it was some personal favour to a mate, it really annoyed me that. Those are drying up now as their old allies are not managers or directors anymore, or they can't dream of getting close to the wages the players would demand.

It is 100% all their own fault to so no sympathy from me.
Looks like they are offering Pogbad 500k a week is a desperate attempt to keep him. They are more interested in the Balance sheet and holding onto the "value" of the players than getting rid of dead wood. Mata being another case or throwing contracts at Phil the face & think they did the same with Smalling etc.

Looks like they are offering Pogbad 500k a week is a desperate attempt to keep him. They are more interested in the Balance sheet and holding onto the "value" of the players than getting rid of dead wood. Mata being another case or throwing contracts at Phil the face & think they did the same with Smalling etc.

Mata still there?! He must of started about 10 games in 3 years

LIVING-DEAD-AT-THE-MANCHESTER-MORGUE-panish-poster-2.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder how many times ITV can crowbar the Rags into the commentary during our game tonight. I suspect that half the Swindon team were on their books for a week or so, or Ralphie Ragnick once visited Stonehengel
Or that Bonehead the lifelong Manchester Utd supporter named his band Oasis after a leisure centre in the town of Swindon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.