Swindon Town (A) - FA Cup 3rd Round | Post Match Thread

Fair play to Man City. You didn't need to ever get out of second gear in what was effectively a training session, but still brought a decent following on a freezing Friday night, respected the FA Cup, and fielded a very strong team. Had to draw breath when we saw the starting eleven. But that's Pep. His team is like a well-oiled engine and to keep it purring in tip-top condition, players need to keep playing.

We couldn't get tickets despite being regular supporters but at least some of our new and younger supporters got to see some of your galaxy of stars. Excited by Palmer - what an English talent. But for me your most important player is Rodri. The guy is immense, like he has a 5-metre force field surrounding him. Had not appreciated just how good he is until last night.

Suicidal defending gifted you a couple of goals, which deflated things a bit. In League Two, some teams think they are 'pressing' us when their two strikers run like headless chickens, and we play through it easily. But to be faced with a possee of 6 players, containing the likes of Jesus, KDB, Silva, pressing you in your own penalty area... let's hope our manager (who is a Pep disciple) and players learned from that.

Shame our two best players were injured - Jack Payne is our best player by far and he must be gutted he missed the chance to play against Man City. And our first-team goalkeeper is better with his feet and better organised and would have prevented two of your goals. Hey-ho. You could easily have scored more goals anyway.

My only disappointment with Man City was on the rare occasions we broke away in midfield on the counter attack, our players were hauled back or felled and the attack prevented. Hence why you got three yellow cards to our none. Didn't need to do that when 3-0 up against a L2 team but I guess that's all part of the well-oiled machine... play professionally and the same way whoever the opposition.

I don't understand why City get the stick they do in the PL. Just jealousy I guess. Anyway I think you won over a lot of new admirers in Wiltshire last night. A very classy club.

good post that, good to hear from what i would call a "football fan". There is a difference.

the guy you have at right back was very good, the goal was taken very well. Like you said you had a couple of good players missing, shame they didnt get to play. But fairplay to Swindon for playing football and sticking to their guns, they didnt kill the game or park the bus. Your fans had a belting night with the looks of things, made some good noise and the smokie when you scored was good.

I was shocked at the team we put out, made the whole game good though, was better than some prem games.

On the whole a 9 out of ten show from city and an excellent game to watch, i was sure rocket cancelo's shot went in !! For me he was our best player, always in the mix and battling away, palmer & rodri played well. Bernardo and KDB played well, jesus to.

I am glad we keep hold of Ake, good squad player. For him it is a good career move playing for city, ok he doesnt get first choice 60 games a season, but if he plays 40% /50% of games and carries on being picked at international level he will stay fit get lots of medals and be playing with the best footballers around. If he moves, he might get more games but not much of the rest and could lose his international caps. I think he will improve as a player under pep and the team he has around him.

Hate this sentiment, fuels the City have no history bollocks.

We've always been 1 of the best supported Clubs in the Country with periods of success throughout our history.

We are not a lower league Club, we just happened to spend a season in Division 3 (in old money).
I take your piunt but we did technically come from Division 3 if we spent a season there!

Fair play to Man City. You didn't need to ever get out of second gear in what was effectively a training session, but still brought a decent following on a freezing Friday night, respected the FA Cup, and fielded a very strong team. Had to draw breath when we saw the starting eleven. But that's Pep. His team is like a well-oiled engine and to keep it purring in tip-top condition, players need to keep playing.

We couldn't get tickets despite being regular supporters but at least some of our new and younger supporters got to see some of your galaxy of stars. Excited by Palmer - what an English talent. But for me your most important player is Rodri. The guy is immense, like he has a 5-metre force field surrounding him. Had not appreciated just how good he is until last night.

Suicidal defending gifted you a couple of goals, which deflated things a bit. In League Two, some teams think they are 'pressing' us when their two strikers run like headless chickens, and we play through it easily. But to be faced with a possee of 6 players, containing the likes of Jesus, KDB, Silva, pressing you in your own penalty area... let's hope our manager (who is a Pep disciple) and players learned from that.

Shame our two best players were injured - Jack Payne is our best player by far and he must be gutted he missed the chance to play against Man City. And our first-team goalkeeper is better with his feet and better organised and would have prevented two of your goals. Hey-ho. You could easily have scored more goals anyway.

My only disappointment with Man City was on the rare occasions we broke away in midfield on the counter attack, our players were hauled back or felled and the attack prevented. Hence why you got three yellow cards to our none. Didn't need to do that when 3-0 up against a L2 team but I guess that's all part of the well-oiled machine... play professionally and the same way whoever the opposition.

I don't understand why City get the stick they do in the PL. Just jealousy I guess. Anyway I think you won over a lot of new admirers in Wiltshire last night. A very classy club.

Glad you enjoyed the game I must be honest and say some of the most enjoyable games for me have been the cup games. Like Cheltenham you gave us a game !. Nice ground and good vocal support last night and played in the right way, full credit to your club.
It's clear that you try to play football and not hoofball and you arent a group of cloggers.

My missus cheered when you score ! I still gave her 'that look' lol but it was good you had a goal and the lad enjoyed his moment.

Good luck in the future

Whilst the level of success is beyond our wildest dreams and of course fantastic to see. Loving every minute of it. The days of travelling away in the old 3rd division was also enjoyable in a strange sort of way. Always remember that at a lot of grounds there would be more city fans than home fans. Part of our history we should embrace. Last nights game took me back to those days.

That's great to read. City always play strong sides in the Cups. Getting to Wembley was something for 30 years I and many City fans dreamed of and now it has happened many times over. I'm hoping this is the start of another Cup run for us. For you, I hope your season ends with promotion.

Just one thing Swindon fans.

Great support BUT......

Please stop that ....ooooooooooooooooooo you're shit ....ahhhhhhhhhh towards goalkeepers.

Dunno why but it makes me cringe like fuck....I can't explain why either

Just one thing Swindon fans.

Great support BUT......

Please stop that ....ooooooooooooooooooo you're shit ....ahhhhhhhhhh towards goalkeepers.

Dunno why but it makes me cringe like fuck....I can't explain why either

Give over lolol its adds to the atmosphere and takes me back ;)

Whilst the level of success is beyond our wildest dreams and of course fantastic to see. Loving every minute of it. The days of travelling away in the old 3rd division was also enjoyable in a strange sort of way. Always remember that at a lot of grounds there would be more city fans than home fans. Part of our history we should embrace. Last nights game took me back to those days.
Like at Swindon you mean....ha Both ends one year (2000)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.