Chelsea (H) - Sat 15th Jan, 12:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the betting on Rüdiger or another Chelsea player taking one or two of our players out of the game and go unpunished?

It’s going to be far far tougher than it seemed like it might be a few weeks ago. Tuchel seems to have refocused after his whinging, excuse-making spell and has made some tactical tweaks. They look good again and are pretty much full strength whereas we’re unsure what our covid situation looks like. Would be another huge win if we can get it.

It’s going to be far far tougher than it seemed like it might be a few weeks ago. Tuchel seems to have refocused after his whinging, excuse-making spell and has made some tactical tweaks. They look good again and are pretty much full strength whereas we’re unsure what our covid situation looks like. Would be another huge win if we can get it.

Not sure about the full strength bit. The biggest positive for Chelsea this season has been their wingbacks, James and Chilwell have scored goals and have been very solid. With them both out it's going to be Azpilicueta and Alonso. They can both be got at.

Not sure about the full strength bit. The biggest positive for Chelsea this season has been their wingbacks, James and Chilwell have scored goals and have been very solid. With them both out it's going to be Azpilicueta and Alonso. They can both be got at.
Yeah, I was thinking more about their covid situation. James and Chillwell are big losses but Tuchel has adapted. They attacked with a back 4 last night and defended with the back 5. So no longer trying to attack with inferior wingbacks. I don’t think Alonso will start.

Since the weekend of the away derby in early November, I think we've gone from 5 points behind them to 10 points in front. A 15 point swing in 11 games is astonishing. That said, they've actually only lost 1 game in that spell so it's the draws that have done for them and I still see this as being a very difficult game, Covid issues or not. Along with us, they have the best squad in the league and a quality manager so anyone thinking this will be an easy win is getting ahead of themselves IMO.

Has anyone intimated this would be an easy win?
Like most, at full strength, I think we're better than them but as we have seen in actual games it can go either way.
Clearly without James and Chilwell they are not at full strength. They have had to adapt and their form is similar to what it was when we played them at the Bridge. I'm hoping for a similar outcome and result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.