Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. That wording is very revealing, isn't it?!

Not something along the lines of, "Things will come out that won't pint the club in a good light and you'll lose credibility if you're seen to be defending it." That might be contentious - for example, the FFP 'revelations' in Der Spiegel were dishonestly presented and subsequent discussions were risibly overblown. But at least such an approach would imply that sports journalists generally regarded their overriding objective as being to report the truth.

Your interlocutor may well be a decent guy whose primary interest was to look out for you. But he quite clearly implies widespread hostility among those in his profession, taking the form of a concerted attack on us. We basically knew this already, of course, but it's interesting to have confirmation that it can be spoken of like that in private, too. In contrast, publicly and especially on social media, people like Delaney usually just try to gaslight us.
Gaslighting is exactly what they are doing when they play the “Touchy City fans” card after they get a bit of their own medicine back

I think in general the media look for excuses to mitigate what Peps achieved.

At Barca (arguably the best side ever) there was constant sniping about PED's and blood doping, it's all Messi etc. This is taking over a team who finished 4th.

At Munich he was criticized for taking over a team that had won the treble, even though when he signed his contract in the Oct for the season after they'd not won the league for 2 years, and they dominated in a way never seen before.

At City they talk about our owners infinite resources even though FFP means we up until this year could only spend less than United on our running costs. And our "infinite resources" led to us scraping 4th on the last day of the season before he joined.

I don't know if this is some rose tinted nostalgic view that things were better in the past

Or they just don't want to accept that he's been proven to be the best and is therefore better than Busby, Clough, Fergie, Shankley, Klopp, Jose whoever they idolise.

It's just a method of coping I guess, that and generating clicks

Yes, quite bizarre. He's actually a Liverpool fan... did you not get the "Klopp is a god" feeling about it!

Most of the points have already been countered effectively by Ste Tudor's article as BK mentioned above, but several, as you say, are very vague in source and more emotional than factual. It just shows how much he's hurting, and a dipper fan hurting should be a pleasure for all of us. Pure karma!

Are you sure about his allegiances ? The only record I can find of him authoring anything is a contribution to an anthology of stories about united.

It says in that article that The deal will be tested by the top flight’s new curbs on inflated related party sponsorship arrangements.'

Why?

We are multiple champions, people want to be associated with winners, 3 times in the last 4 years City have been champions and champions in the right fashion btw playing fantastic football.

Where were they when utd had got a fucking noodle deal, go fuck yourselves you bitter pathetic cunts.

It says in that article that The deal will be tested by the top flight’s new curbs on inflated related party sponsorship arrangements.'

Why?

We are multiple champions, people want to be associated with winners, 3 times in the last 4 years City have been champions and champions in the right fashion btw playing fantastic football.

Where were they when utd had got a fucking noodle deal, go fuck yourselves you bitter pathetic cunts.
Because they're testing all new deals over £1m. Having said that, I thought we'd signed these prior to the new rules coming in

The deloony piece is a fucking yawn a minute. I stopped at this, and could have stopped earlier to be honest.

"If you were to try and imagine what a state project with unlimited funds would produce, where they could afford the absolute best of everything, it would be this.".

Its at this point, probably before tbh, you realise he's smiling at you whilst mouthing "You ****".

What an abhorrence he is.

A great article in the Independent an honest review I would say. long but week worth a read
For fucks sake if you're going to link stories written by that intellectually dishonest, Qatar funded, (some people say) turtle bothering, (it is believed) gall stone licking, mono testicled, dumb as a stick gobshite at least warn people.
I accidentally clicked the bastard thing and I don't want to go on that (sources believe) stained ladies underwear sniffing perverts metrics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.