Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except win trophies. That era has receded, for the moment.

This powerhouse in the last 20 years has;

1 league title
1 FA Cup
2 league cups

No wonder they go on about being European Royalty, domestically they are embarrassing in this period. they can blame our dominance for the last 10 but what about the decade before.

Not trying to convince you of anything. I was merely pointing out the correct use of the word ‘cheat’. The version Trent used is incorrect. Calling Bernie a cheat is wrong. It is not a term I have ever come across in football.
A number of years ago I was chatting to a ref who told me about the word "cheat" in football
He said in one game he awarded a foul and a player called him a cheat, so he booked the player for questioning his impartiality
After the game in the players lounge the player He booked came over and had a chat with him and said that everyone in football uses the word cheat. Even in training the players shout it at each other. In football it's a workplace phrase

A number of years ago I was chatting to a ref who told me about the word "cheat" in football
He said in one game he awarded a foul and a player called him a cheat, so he booked the player for questioning his impartiality
After the game in the players lounge the player He booked came over and had a chat with him and said that everyone in football uses the word cheat. Even in training the players shout it at each other. In football it's a workplace phrase

Oh so that's what the C in liverpool fc stands for Liverpool Football Cheats.

As much as I don’t like to stick up for Liverpool but to me it’s obvious what Alexander Arnold meant by Bernardo cheating. As others have alluded to already it’s just a simple term used on the pitch to describe something that happens during a game like a midfielder not dropping in when he should do.
It’s basically that person trying to deflect blame away from themselves as to why something isn’t going their way.

He means not staying in his position and stealing a few yards to get closer to Van Dijk.

Bernado is gambling basically by risking leaving his natural position in the hope of dispossessing Van Dijk.

It's a pretty common phrase in football tbh and doesn't have a negative meaning in this context.
Yeah, completely normal description of shifting over a bit further than would be normally expected. Used in many sports and is frequently associated with zonal systems where the general idea is built upon spatial responsibility.

From RAWK on Sterling's penalty shout today in which he apparently "dived" ...

"Imagine if Salah or Mane did that."

what-supernatural.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.