Chelsea Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chilwell too. Most of their creative thread was coming from him and James

And Azpilicueta is nearly past it, and Alonso can't defend. As you say, losing both of them affects Chelsea.
I thought Lukaku would win them the league if they played to his strengths, instead they seem to want him to press - something he is not built to do.

And Azpilicueta is nearly past it, and Alonso can't defend. As you say, losing both of them affects Chelsea.
I thought Lukaku would win them the league if they played to his strengths, instead they seem to want him to press - something he is not built to do.
Yes, I was a big fan of Apzilicueta as a player but he's got no mileage left really.

Maybe Lukaku could have fired them to the league, but it's a similar problem as United have with this version of Ronaldo - a technically poor poacher who needs the team set up to create chances for him and offers very little in the build up. I prefer the City way of sharing the goals around and being a better team that can control games.

Chelsea played like a team who had given up on the League and were instead hoping for a point to sustain a top 4 challenge.

I thought Kante and Kovacic were their best performers today, Rudiger and Thiago Silva were steady

The rest weren't up to much and Ziyech and Pulisic offered nothing.

Yes, I was a big fan of Apzilicueta as a player but he's got no mileage left really.

Maybe Lukaku could have fired them to the league, but it's a similar problem as United have with this version of Ronaldo - a technically poor poacher who needs the team set up to create chances for him and offers very little in the build up. I prefer the City way of sharing the goals around and being a better team that can control games.

I assumed there was a plan to use him properly. I was wrong!

I assumed there was a plan to use him properly. I was wrong!
In football, I have noticed a lot of people do stupid things.

Isn't there a quote somewhere from someone outside of football who deals with football people that people within football are generally pretty dumb? And that's why we get so much overpaying for average players, bad decision-making etc? I mean a lot of them might be smart in footballing terms, but not in terms of logic or general intelligence. Non-football businesses seem much better run quite often.

This is where City seem to be better. A lot of the people in control of the football side of the club seem like they know what they're doing.

I thought Kepa made a decent KDB attempt look like an unstoppable KDB attempt.

Clearly poor keeper

That's his kryptonite. Long shots. His footwork is terrible. It was a pretty decent shot by KDB that Mendy almost certainly would have saved.

Last edited:
Bit of an over reaction on here. Chelsea aren't currently on our level but they are a very strong side that will get better so long as they don't do a Chelsea and sack Tuchel. The guy has only been there about a year.

Their current approach is heavily based on their fullbacks but they're missing both and their replacements are dogshit. Their midfield is strong, Kante, jorginho and kovacic is a good set of players, could probably do with a more attack minded one to compliment them.

Their attack is badly out of form and they don't seem to have much of a plan without their wingbacks. on paper they've got enough and a decent array of styles but none of them gel. They'll be busy in the summer and stronger next season.

They don't neccesarily have to be competitive with us to challenge they just need to be consistent in smashing the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.